- James Stewart's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Clan Stewart.
James Stewart (6th of Traquair) was born in 1534. He was the son of William Stewart, (2nd of Traquair) and his wife Christian Hay.
He was a Lieutenant of the Guard under his brother Sir John Stewart.
He died on 9 March 1606,
James Stewart was married to Catherine Kerr.
Child of James Stewart, 6th of Traquair and Catherine Kerr;
- 1. John Stewart of Traquair, younger.
- The Peerage. http://www.thepeerage.com/p2501.htm#i25002
- Samuel McGee, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Samuel and others.
- This person was created through the import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by others.
- This person was created through the import of Kahn Family Tree 3.2.11_2011-04-29.ged on 30 April 2011. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with James by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Robbin Stewart : Y-Chromosome Test, haplogroup R-L21
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Eric Henderson, and Samuel McGee. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 10 Nov 2015 at 14:13 GMT Gene Adkins JR wrote:
James is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 19 degrees from Ayn Rand, 20 degrees from Peter Roberts and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.