- Agnes (Stewart) Maxwell's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Royal Mistresses.
Agnes (Isobel?) was the daughter of James Stewart, 1st Earl of Buchan and Margaret Murray. Her date of birth is unknown. Agnes, Countess of Bothwell, was the mistress of King James IV of Scotland. She died in 1557.
The following is from the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy:
AGNES (-Feb 1557). Mistress of JAMES IV King of Scotland, son of JAMES III King of Scotland & his wife Margarethe of Denmark She m firstly (1511) ADAM Hepburn Earl of Bothwell, son of PATRICH Hepburn Earl of Bothwell & his second wife Margaret Gordon of the Earls of Huntly (-killed in battle Pinkie 9 Sep 1513). m secondly ([9 Sep 1513/14 Feb 1514]) ALEXANDER Lord Home, son of ALEXANDER Home Lord Home (-beheaded Edinburgh 8 Oct 1516, bur Greyfriars). m thirdly ([1520/15 Nov 1525]) as his second wife, ROBERT Maxwell Lord Maxwell, son of JOHN Maxwell Lord Maxwell & his wife Agnes Stewart of Garlies ([1493/94]-Logan 9 Jul 1546). m fourthly (before 13 Dec 1549) as his first wife, CUTHBERT Ramsay, son of NICHOLAS Ramsay of Dalhousie & his wife --- (-after Feb 1557).
- Wikapedia James IV of Scotland
- Cracroft's Peerage The Later Scottish Kings (1371 - 1603)
- Lady Agnes Stewart
- Pedigrees of Some of the Emperor Charlemagne's Descendants. Volume II
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Agnes's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Gene Adkins, Cheryl Caudill, Michael Barnes, Cathy Champion, Theresa Reynolds, Enrique Treat Gleason Aguiluz, Jonathon Myers, and Charles Walter. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 10 Sep 2015 at 02:21 GMT Cheryl (Stone) Caudill wrote:
On 10 Sep 2015 at 00:28 GMT Cheryl (Stone) Caudill wrote:
On 1 Aug 2015 at 08:11 GMT John Atkinson wrote:
On 3 Jul 2015 at 14:17 GMT Gene Adkins JR wrote:
On 9 Apr 2015 at 10:34 GMT Dawn Ellis wrote:
Agnes is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 16 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 19 degrees from Ayn Rand, 21 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.