||Mary I (Stewart) Stuart is a member of Clan Stewart.|
Join: Scottish Clans Project
||Mary I (Stewart) Stuart is a member of the royalty, nobility or aristocracy in the British Isles.|
Join: British Isles Royals and Aristocrats 1500-Present Project
|Queen of Scots
14 December 1542 - 24 July 1567
- Mary, Queen of Scots was queen regent of Scotland from 14 Dec 1542 to 24 Jul 1567. She was also queen consort of France from 10 July 1559 to 5 December 1560.
- Mary was born 8 Dec 1542
- Mary "Queen of Scots" Stuart Find A Grave Memorial #4171. Retrieved 5 sep 2016.
- Camden Society Series (London, 1909) Camden Third Series, Vol. 17: "The Bardon Papers, Documents Relating to the Imprisonment & Trial of Mary Queen of Scots"
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography [Julian Goodare, ‘Mary (1542–1587)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004; online edn, May 2007 accessed 4 March 2017. This is a subscription website but readers of British Libraries may consult it free of charge if their Library subscribes.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Mary I's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Judith Haste, Robert Graham, Tim Theberge, Lindsay Coleman, and Susan Shirey. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 9 Jan 2016 at 19:41 GMT Debra (Downs) Allison wrote:
Mary I is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 20 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 20 degrees from David Selman and 12 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.