- Elizabeth (Stone) Potter's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Puritan Great Migration.
||Elizabeth (Stone) Potter migrated to New England during the Puritan Great Migration (1620-1640).|
Join: Puritan Great Migration Project
The earliest church records of Cambridge preserved in print were compiled in Jan. 1658/9, by the third pastor, Rev. Jonathan Mitchell, who gives the appended account of Dea. Gregory Stone and his family:
"Gregory Stone, Deacon of this Ch: & Lydia his wife in f. C. [full communion] Whose children, John, Daniel, David, Elizabeth, Samuel, Sarah, Also John Cooper son of the forsaid Lydia and Lydia Fiske her daughter; being all of them through the Rich Grace of Christcome into full Communion ith his people; they will be mentioned aftrewards in the places, all save, John Stone now joyned member of th eCurch of Xt at Sudbury, Lydia Fisk now deceased, Elizabeth Stone now Potter living at Ipswich, Sarah Stone now Miriam Joyned to ye Ch. at Concord." (Records of the First Church in Cambridge, p. 4.)"
In addition, the 1671 will of Dea. Gregory Stone mentions his daughter:
- "To my daughter Elizab. Potter I do give ten pounds to be pd within halfe a years after my decease..."
Born: 6 MAR 1627/8 in Ipswich, Essex, Massachucetts, USA, (uncertain).
Died: 10 MAR 1711/2 in Ipswich, Essex, Massachucetts, USA, ( uncertain).
Christened: 6 MAR 1628/1629 in Nayland, Suffolk, England.
S1, Find A Grave. Mrs Elizabeth Stone Potter, born 6Mar1629 in Nayland, Suffold, England. Died 10mar1712 in Ispwich, Essex MA. Aged 83 yers. (Early Vital Records of Mass, Ipswich Deaths.) Parents: Gregory Stone and Lyda Fiske Cooper Stone. Child: Samuel Potter, Buried in Old Burying Ground, Ispwich MA.
- ↑ Descendants of Gregory Stone... p 61
Searching for someone else?
- Elizabeth (Alcorn) Stone
- Elizabeth (Beers) Stone
- Elizabeth (Stone) Lightfoot
- Elizabeth (Stone) Wheate
- Elizabeth Stone
- Elizabeth (Stone) McMillin
- Elizabeth (Stone) Andros
- Elizabeth (Stone) Terry
- Elizabeth (Stone) Dickinson
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Eugene Quigley, Judith Painter-McGregor, Rhonda Scoullar, Jack Wise, Michael Dean, and Trevor Bruso. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Elizabeth is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 20 degrees from Ayn Rand, 15 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.