||Mary II Stuart is a member of the royalty, nobility or aristocracy in the British Isles.|
Join: British Isles Royals and Aristocrats 1500-Present Project
James II & VII
|Queen of England, Scotland, and Ireland (Co-monarch: William III & II)
13 February 1689 - 28 December 1694
William III & II
Born 30 April 1662, Mary II was joint Sovereign of England, Scotland and Ireland alongside William (III and II), her husband and first cousin. Both Protestants, William and Mary became king and queen regnant following the Glorious Revolution that led to the deposition of her Roman Catholic father, James II and VII. She reigned from 1689 until her death in 1694. Popular histories usually refer to their joint reign as that of "William and Mary".
Mary did wield less power than her husband when he was in England, letting him take the lead, though he often relied heavily on her. When William was away, however, engaged in military conflicts, Mary acted alone, proving to be a powerful and effective ruler.
- King & Queen County, Virginia is named in honor of Mary and her husband, Willem.
- Queen Mary, II Find A Grave Memorial #1978. Retrieved 23 sep 2016.
- WikiData: Q130812 Wikidata Information Reasonator enwiki Ancestors (about wikidata)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Mary II's ancestors' mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 5 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 28 Dec 2014 at 05:38 GMT Bob Fields wrote:
On 3 Jul 2014 at 17:26 GMT Sir William (Arbuthnot) Arbuthnot of Kittybrewster Bt wrote:
Mary II is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Charlotte Brontë, 18 degrees from Bob Keniston, 18 degrees from Ben Kingsley and 11 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.