'On his death the Lordship of Blantyre became extinct.'
Charles was married on 4 Oct 1843 to Lady Evelyn Leveson-Gower (2nd dau. of George Granville [Leveson-Gower] 2nd Duke of Sutherland) by his wife Lady Harriet Elizabeth Georgiana Howard (3rd dau. of George [Howard], 6th Earl of Carlisle).
Charles Stuart was an officer in the Grenadier Guards; a Representative Peer for Scotland 1850-92
Children of Charles Stuart & Lady Evelyn Leveson-Gower;
1. Capt Hon Walter Stuart, Master of Blantyre. b. 17 Jul 1851; dvp. 15 Mar 1895.
2. Hon Mary Stuart. b. 15 Sep 1845.
3. Hon Ellen Stuart. b. 21 Aug 1846; d. 19 Apr 1927.
4. Hon Evelyn Stuart . b. 24 Jun 1848; dvp. 26 Jul 1888.
5. Hon Gertrude Stuart. b. 11 Oct 1849; d. 25 Apr 1935.
6. Hon Blanche Stuart. b. 6 Mar 1867; dvp. 7 Sep 1868.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Charles by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: