- Kathy (Stuewe) Zipperer's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
I can't remember when I wasn't interested in my ancestors. My grandmother, Florence Burdge Stuewe, would tell me I was related to President Hays, Daniel Boone, and others. She also said that our Burdge family were Pilgrims (which I interpreted as Mayflower). My other grandmother, Sallie Dodson Armstrong, said one of her uncles (or great-uncles) did soft-shoe for the Queen of England (meaning Queen Victoria). My grandpa, Donald Armstrong said his relatives were from Scotland and snuck into the country because they were wanted men for being horse-thieves. If you're shaking your head, you know that as with many family tales, these were all pretty much untrue (although there may be some truth to the horse thieves part.)
I decided this year that I should put my research somewhere besides my database. And, I also decided to recreate (rather than make a .gedcom and have to re-source everything. I was able to attach to an ancestor on here a few weeks ago (May, 2016) and was I ever excited! Slowly I'm adding and linking to people on Wikitree. This also fits my goal of starting over, looking at every piece of information I have.
Currently on Wikitree, I'm working on my Burdge family going back to the 1600's in this country.
- First-hand information. Entered by Kathleen Stuewe Zipperer at registration.
- Kathy's formal name
- e-mail address
- birth location
- images (2)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Kathy is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- I like to know what's going on
- Burdges in Ohio, USA, from the early 1800's to present. Burdges in New Jersey and New York 1600's through the 1700's.
- I learn a lot from errors I make!
- England, specifically Oldbury (Rounds Green) early 1900's and before.
- Interested in discussions.
- Scotland to 1880's in Ohio to present. Likely Renfrewshire (Paisley) in Scotland.
- US state and pre-colonial Salzburgers
- Ohio, Butler Co.
- Ohio, Butler Co.
- Burdge and related families.
- Butler, Ross, Hamilton, Jefferson, Darke counties.
- South Carolina family
- South Carolina, USA
- Kentucky, USA
- challenge on wikitree
- From mid 1800's in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, and in Germany
- Georgia, USA 1700's to present.
- Georgia, USA. 1750's to present.
Kathy Zipperer's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Kathy or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Kathy:
- Kathy (Stuewe) Zipperer: AncestryDNA, Ancestry member kzippy98
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Kathy. (Best for comments to Kathy that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Kathy that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 25 Feb 2017 at 13:49 GMT Bella (Pace) Conner wrote:
On 25 Feb 2017 at 10:34 GMT Maria Maxwell wrote:
On 25 Feb 2017 at 09:16 GMT Maria Maxwell wrote:
On 24 Feb 2017 at 14:54 GMT Robin Lee wrote:
Thanks for all your wonderful comments on G2G...you are very thoughtful in your answers.
On 17 Feb 2017 at 18:31 GMT Esther (Fulkerson) Eshbach wrote:
On 14 Feb 2017 at 20:35 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 9 Feb 2017 at 13:07 GMT Steve Townsend wrote:
On 1 Feb 2017 at 21:14 GMT Jacquie Kinney wrote:
On 31 Jan 2017 at 19:17 GMT Abby (Brown) Glann wrote:
On 27 Jan 2017 at 00:54 GMT Debbie (Shutek) Jackson wrote: