- Richard (Talbott) Talbot I's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
||Richard (Talbott) Talbot I settled in the Southern Colonies in North America prior to incorporation into the USA.|
Join: US Southern Colonies Project
Research needed: Conflicting birth and origin information.
Richard Talbott was either an immigrant to Maryland or was born at Maryland.
Richard Talbott acquired large bodies of land and eventually made his home at "Poplar Knoll," which remained in his family's possession until 1755.
1625 -- Richard Talbott was born at West River, Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
1630 -- Richard Talbott was born at Gnosall, Staffordshire, England. 
October 18, 1629 -- Richard Talbott was baptized at Gnosall, Staffordshire, England. 
1649 -- Richard Talbott came to Maryland at the invitation of Governor Stone, settling there in the same period as Sir William Talbot and Col. George Talbot. They were all relatives of Lord Baltimore.
1652 -- Richard Talbott arrived at Maryland. 
1649 -- Richard Talbott received a patent from the Proprietary government for a tract of land called "Timber Neck," located on the south side of West River in Anne Arundel County.
- Child: Elizabeth Talbott
1662 -- Richard Talbott received a land grant on West River Hundred. 
1663 -- Richard Talbott died at Poplar Knowle, Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
April 2, 1663 -- date of Richard Talbott's will at Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- Anne Arundel County Maryland: The First Settlers from Lord Baltimore's Rent Rolls. Genealogy Trails History Group. 2016. Accessed by Michael Boynton on December 27, 2016 at 6:30PM. Available at 
- S-1409722112. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Author: Yates Publishing Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004. Original data - This unique collection of records was extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases. Originally, the information was derived Repository: #R-1575024304 Note: #N3302 Data Changed: November 25, 2013 at 12:20:23
- S107. Heritage Consulting. Millennium File Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2003. Original data - Heritage Consulting. The Millennium File. Salt Lake City, UT, USA. Repository: #R1 Record ID Number: MH:S107 User ID: B4383428-913F-45FC-9F7D-F1BCFBD9C937
- S188. Alice Norris Parran. Register of Maryland's heraldic families: period from 1634, March 25th to March 25th, l935, tercentenary of the founding of Maryland. Baltimore, Maryland. Ancestry.com Online publication - Provo, UT: The Generations Network, Inc. 2005.
- S34. Ancestry.com. England & Wales Christening Records, 1530-1906. Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008. Original data - Genealogical Society of Utah. British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd Edition. Salt Lake City, Utah: Intellectual Reserve, copyright 2002. Used by permission. Repository: #R1 Record ID Number: MH:S34 User ID: 928249C4-0CCA-42F2-A75A-E3F185AABEEE. http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=23363295&pid=14410961754
- S42. P. William Filby, editor. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s - 1900s. Farmington Hills, MI, USA: Gale Research, 2010. Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations. Repository: #R1 Record ID Number: MH:S42 User ID: 0BC294B4-E216-4B2B-8E53-D4E31910CFAA
- ↑ #S34.
- ↑ #S34.
- ↑ #S42.
- ↑ #S20.
- ↑ Anne Arundel County Maryland: The First Settlers from Lord Baltimore's Rent Rolls.
This person was created through the import of HOWE(1).ged on 08 April 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom.
Thank you to Isaac Brown for creating WikiTree profile Talbott-516 through the import of IsaacBrown_Extended.ged on Nov 25, 2013.
WikiTree profile Talbott-286 created through the import of Paula's family 5-28-2011.GED on May 29, 2011 by Paula Marksman. See the [http://www.wikitree.com/index.php?title=Special:NetworkFeed&who=Talbott-286
WikiTree profile Talbott-404 created through the import of McClanahan-20121014.ged on Oct 15, 2012 by Anonymous McClanahan. See the [http://www.wikitree.com/index.php?title=Special:NetworkFeed&who=Talbott-404
Nicola McNally-Key, Sunday, August 10, 2014.
This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Richard's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Scott Ledbetter, Michael Sean McClanahan, Isaac Brown, Paula Marksman, and Nicola McNally-Key. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 13 Dec 2016 at 01:03 GMT Kenneth Kinman wrote:
The year of death (1663) is also problematic if his son Richard II was born in 1668.
On 20 Aug 2016 at 01:28 GMT Ken Broughton wrote:
On 2 Jul 2014 at 03:07 GMT Darrell Parker wrote:
On 20 Apr 2014 at 16:23 GMT Darrell Parker wrote:
Richard is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 10 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 24 degrees from Ayn Rand, 20 degrees from Peter Roberts and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.