Ann Tenney was born on February 5, 1726/27 at Norwich, New London County, Connecticut. Ann is the daughter of Joseph Tenney and Abigail Wood.
Thomas dies on August 19, 1782, Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Ann dies on July 29, 1802 at Hartford, Windsor County, Vermont.
Children of Thomas Hazen and Ann Tenney are:
1. Eunice Hazen was born on April 1, 1743 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Marries to Unknown Pixley. Eunice died October 17, 1753.
2. Joshua Hazen was born on October 19, 1745 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Joshua died April 22, 1796.
3. Abia Hazen (m. Hopson) was born on September 5, 1747 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Marries to Unknown Hopson. Abia died October 27, 1819.
4. Asa Hazen born on November 16, 1749 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Asa died March 12, 1819.
5. Reuben Hazen was born on April 12, 1751 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Reuben died February 18, 1760.
6. Elijah Hazen was born onOctober 25, 1752 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Elijah died February 2, 1832.
7. Silas Hazen was born on September 17, 1754 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Silas died November 24, 1778.
8. Hezekiah Hazen was born on March 15, 1756 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Hezekiah died July 25, 1829.
9. Thomas Hazen was born on March 13, 1758 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Thomas died August 9, 1835.
10. Solomon Hazen was born on November 4, 1759 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Solomon died July 26, 1849.
11. Daniel Hazen was born on July 17, 1761 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Daniel died November 22, 1814.
12. Ann Hazen was born on February 17, 1763 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Ann died September 30, 1765.
13. Eunice Hazen was born on January 20, 1765 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Eunice died May 27, 1826.
14. Philemon Hazen was born on November 16, 1766 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Philemon died December 19, 1845.
15. Reuben Hazen was born on April 7, 1768 at Hartford, Windsor, Vermont. Reuben died June 18, 1852.
16. Ann Hazen (Burton) was born on February 21, 1771 in Connecticut. Ann died April 21, 1859 in Connecticut.
From the Book, "The Tenney Family, or, the Decendents of Thomas Tenney of Rowley." Page 45 169.-V-.60 - Anne Tenney.
Anne Tenney, born in Norwich, CT, February 5, 1726-27, daughter of Joseph and Abigail (Wood), married March 7, 1742-43, Thomas Hazen of Woodbury, Conneticut. He removed in 1774 to Hartford, Vermont and in 1775, built the first two storey house in the town. He was a large land holder. They had 18 children. Sixteen of them lived and became the ancestors of numerous Hazens in Vermont and vicinity, among whom were General William B. Hazen, and the missionary to India. Mrs. Hazen died in 1802. He was born September 30, 1719 and died August 19, 1782.
From FTM CD #3, Record #2619
The tradition is that Ann Hazen went up to visit her son Joshua and liked the country so well she never went back to Connecticut. It has also been handed down that she was afraid her sons would go to sea, and so wished to move further inland. Thomas Hazen and his son Asa settled on the farm bordering on the Norwich line and Connecticut River which was owned by Henry Allen Hazen in 1944. They had at first a log cabin, but in 1775 built near the same spot the first two story house in town. The tradition that the men shingling the house heard the distant booming of the cannon at the Battle of Bunker Hill is supported by a statement in the diary of President Wheelock of Dartmouth and by similar reports from other places.
Burial: Christian Street Cemetery Hartford, Windsor County, Vermont, USA
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at MyHeritage DNA.
There are no public comments yet.
Ann is 14 degrees from Charles Darwin, 14 degrees from Amelia Earhart, 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor and 20 degrees from Gilly Wood on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.