[private father (1940s - unknown)]
and [private mother (1940s - unknown)]
[private brother (1970s - unknown)]
[private son (2000s - unknown)] and
[private daughter (2000s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 17 Oct 2019
| Created 11 Aug 2013 | Last significant change: 13 Oct 2019
This page has been accessed 3,365 times.
Traci Thiessen has English ancestors.
Traci Thiessen has German Roots.
Traci Thiessen has Czech Roots.
I'm co-coordinator of the Perkins Name Study, please join us!
My family tree on Ancestry.com has sourced, detailed biographies for about 6,000 family members. I discovered WikiTree in about 2013 and used it to research and improve profiles on my private Ancestry.com tree. More recently, I started sharing my information on WikiTree and have been creating new profiles and/or improving existing profiles with information and sources from my private tree. Today, I use WikiTree almost exclusively.
I regularly work to improve the collective family tree with:
I'm involved with several projects but am currently focusing my efforts on the Magna Carta Project along with the European Aristocrats Project and also the Puritan Great Migration Project.
Names I follow: Thiessen, Mosblech, Miell, Crawford, Musel, Rayman, Junge, Perkins, Hind/Hinds, Leatherman, Crandall, Bradley, Konicek, Chihak, Kloppenburg. In my husband's tree: Mosblech, Kalt, Kettenbach, and Elker.
Along with learning about my ancestry, every day I learn something new about using WikiTree. I'm sure that I've make plenty of mistakes. If you run across any of them, please let me know and I'll fix the errors on that profile, along with any other profiles connected to it.
Personal stuff: I was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, but we moved to Chicago when I was about 2 years old and I grew up there. I got married in 1997 and had our son in Chicago in 2000, but soon after we moved to St. Louis, Missouri (my husband's hometown), where we had our daughter in 2001. In 2004, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and left my career as a paralegal/tax preparer to be a full-time mom. In 2005, we moved to Asheville, North Carolina, where we currently reside.
"Recent" Migrating Ancestors (after 1840)
- James Miell came from Pilton, Somerset, England aboard the "American Eagle" in Mar 1851;
- Mary (Brown) Miell came from Ireland before 1853 (her origins are unknown);
- Joseph Hind arrived from Kneesall, Notinghamshire, England in Jun 1849 aboard the "Isaac Wright", probably with his brother William and family;
- Mary (Bradley) Hind and her parents, James Bradley and Jane (Raines) Bradley arrived from Sempringham, Lincolnshire, England in Jan 1849 aboard the "Letland";
- Claus Thiessen with his parents, Margaretha (Ehlers) Thiessen and Henning D. A. Thiessen and 4 siblings, from Duchy Holstein (nka Schleswig-Holstein, Germany) aboard the "Princess Louise" in April 1854;
- Juergen Kloppenburg, wife Margaretha (Holck) Kloppenburg and 4 children, from Holstein, before 1854 (records not found);
- Mewes Junge arrived in April 1880 aboard the "Suevia"' from St. Margrethen, Holstein; his parents Hans Junge and Gesche (Dolling) Junge and 6 of their children following in May 1883 aboard the "Polaria";
- Carl Menge, from Hannover, Prussia, possibly in May 1851 aboard the "Peter Hattrick";
- Maria Knoeppel from Mecklenburg, Germany in Aug 1854, aboard the "Marchioness of Queensbury", traveled with her mother (name unknown);
- Michael Musel, with his parents Frantisek Musil and Mary (Zika) Musil and 3 siblings, from Bohemia in Jul 1866, aboard the "Rio Grande";
- Kathryn Cihak, unknown arrival date (possibly 1879 or 1880) from Bohemia;
- Vencil Rayman (no record found) probably arrived before his parents, Anton Rayman and Anna (Pesinova) Rayman and brother Franz, who arrived from Bohemia in Oct 1867 aboard the "SS Baltic";
- Sophie (Konicek) Rayman, arrived from Bohemia with her parents, Joseph Konicek and Helena (Janda) Konicek and 8 siblings in June 1871 aboard the "SS Berlin";
- The origins of the ancestors of Henry Crawford and Sarah (Coon) Crawford of PA/NY and then Iowa are still unknown ... my "brick wall".
The rest, in my Perkins and Crandall branches, came to America much earlier, in the 1600s and 1700s
- John Crandall to Rhode Island from Westerleigh, Gloucestershire before 1643.
- William Gaylord Jr. from Somerset, England to Massahusetts on the "Mary and John" in 1630, with his father, William Gaylord Sr. and wife and 5 (or 6) children;
- George Lanphear from London before 1665, found in Rhode Island in 1669;
- Peter Worden and his son Peter Worden II arrived between 1636 and 1639 and first settled in Yarmouth.
- Joseph Holloway aka Holly, and his wife, Rose (Allen) Newland, from England to Dorchester by 1634;
- Daniel Cole came alone from Duxbury, Lancashire in 1633;
- Nicholas Snow came from England aboard the Anne in 1623;
- Constance (Hopkins) Snow arrived aboard the Mayflower in 1620 with her father, Stephen Hopkins;
- Stephen (Deane) Dean came aboard the Fortune in 1621;
- Elizabeth (Ring) Deane Cooke came aboard the Anne with her mother in 1623;
- John King -- needs research;
- Paulser Rouse Sr from Germany about 1767;
- John Wetherbee -- needs research;
- John Howe -- needs research;
- Jonathan Whitcomb -- needs research;
- William Lewis, arrived by 1640;
- Stephen Hall
- Dolor Davis and Margery (Willard) Davis
- Richard Sawtell
- Thomas Tarbell II
- Simon Willard
- John Lakin
- Michael Bacon and Mary (Jobo) Bacon
- William Haskell and Mary (Tybbott) Haskell
- William Brown
- Robert Elwell
- Ezekiel Woodward
- William Beamsley
- John Perkins Jr., with parents John Perkins Sr., Judith (Gater) Perkins in 13330 aboard the Lyon;
- Alexander Knight and Hannah (Tutty) Knight
Traci Thiessen is participating with A Rose By Any Other Name during the 2019 Clean-a-Thon, correcting 2,034 suggestions.Team Roses cleared 26,141 out of the 132,554 total coming in 1st.
Traci reached the Blue Skies milestone by sourcing 50 profiles in the July 2019 Sourcerers'
Traci reached the Blue Skies milestone by sourcing 50 profiles in the June 2019 Sourcerers'
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Traci's formal name
- full middle name (L.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Traci Thiessen's full information you must be on Traci's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Traci is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Keeping up with what's going on
- Find and merge duplicate profiles
- i'm building bios and adding sources
- Connecting profiles to the Global Tree
- I have a Bohemian branch (Musel/Rayman/Konicek) in my family tree
- challenge participant
- I work on MCP and PGM profiles frequently and have many ancestors across England.
- Thiessen/Kloppenburg/Junge/Ehlers family from Schleswig-Holstein Germany
- Thiessen/Kloppenburg/Junge/Ehlers family from Schleswig-Holstein Germany
- Gateway guardian for Sarah Woodward Henchman
- John Alden, William/Priscilla Mullins, Myles Standish, Stephen Hopkins, George Soule
- England and Iowa
- From Germany to St Louis MO in early-mid 1800s
- Perkins name study co-coordinator
- So many Perkins, so little time...
- Keeping up with current policies
- Adding sources
- The BEST "thon" team!!
- Thiessen, Kloppenburg, Junge, Ehlers, Martens of Schleswig-Holstein. Emigrant ancestors: Henning D.A. Thiessen and Margaretha Ehlers
Traci Thiessen's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Traci or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Traci:
- Traci Thiessen:
23andMe, GEDmatch A787453 [compare] +
AncestryDNA, GEDmatch A787453 [compare], Ancestry member tracith477
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to post a comment.