Kent Tigges was born December 9, 1937 in Fort Dodge, Iowa. He married Carol Ann Lowry on September 25, 1965. He died on May 31, 2003 in Virginia Beach, Virginia. He was a professor at the University of Buffalo in Buffalo, New York as well as at the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
Kent Nelson Tigges, MS, OTR, FAOTA, FHIH, was Professor emeritus of Occupational Therapy at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York, and involved in private practice in home health care, including hospice care.
He wrote or contributed to the following books:
- "Caring for Someone in Your Home" June, 1992 by Kent N. Tigges (Author), William M. Marcil (Author), C. J. Alterio (Author)
- "Terminal and Life Threatening Illness an Occupational Behavioral Perspective" February, 1988 by Kent N. Tigges (Author), William M. Marcil (Author)
- "The Person With AIDS: A Personal and Professional Perspective" December, 1991 by William M. Marcil (Author), Kent N. Tigges (Editor)
“A person’s self-esteem, mastery and adaptation rest in the ability to be purposefully engaged in regular and familiar life experiences.” --Kent Tigges
Mr. and Mrs. Harry Huffman and family of Spencer spent Saturday with Mr. Huffman's mother, Mrs. P. M. Lausen. Vernio Newton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Bob Newton, who has been traveling through South Africa, and other points of interest, is now spending some time with his friend, Kent Tigges, who is teaching Occupational Therapy at the College in Pretoria, South Africa. Kent is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Werner Tigges, also of Humboldt.
- ↑ These books can be found on amazon.com
- ↑ The Humboldt Republican from Humboldt, Iowa. May 12, 1965, Page 8.
- "United States Census, 1940," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMYH-H7G : accessed 30 December 2014), Kent Tigges in household of Warner Tigges, Humboldt, Springvale Township, Humboldt, Iowa, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 46-19, sheet 10B, family 231, NARA digital publication of T627, roll 1167, NARA digital publication of T627, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D.C.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Kent's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Kent is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 16 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 28 degrees from Ayn Rand, 23 degrees from Peter Roberts and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.