- Henry Tigges's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of MASTER2011WIKITREE.GED on 27 January 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Date: 15 NOV 1846
- Place: Prussia, Germany
- Note: This date is probable, based on available records. The best information comes from a strong DNA match to a family living in Brandenburg in this time frame. He could be the August Henrich Tigges born to Wilhelm and Dorothee Jaensche Tiegs, but further confirmation is needed. 
Removed ABT from Death Date and marked as uncertain.
- Data Changed:
- Date: 15 AUG 2009
Prior to import, this record was last changed 15 AUG 2009 .
Ancestors of Interest
- Ancestors of Interest: @SUB1@
- Date: AFT 04 NOV 1904
- Place: NY Bay Cemetery, Jersey City, Hudson County, NJ
- Note: buried with Katherine Tiggers. Note burial record spells name TIGGERS.
- Date: 1880
- Place: Portland, Multnomah County, OR
- Note: Note spelling of name on census transcription at FamilySearch is DEUS instead of Tigges. Henry is age 35, from Prussia, and working as a barber. He is living in his father-in-law's home with his wife Gussie b. Prussia and daughter Mary b. New York.
- Source: #S312
- Page: National Archives Film T9-1083 (FHL film 1255083), page 400D
- Date: 1900
- Place: Westwood Borough, Bergen County, NJ
- Note: shows him as a boarder, a barber assistant, b. Dec 1846 in Germany, and immigrated 1866.
- Note: Henry is working as a barber for Miller & Johnson in rooms 327 Front.
- Source: #S432
- Page: Portland 1890
- Source: #S432
- Note: Henry's lineage as stated here is tentative. I do not yet have sufficient proof, although DNA evidence suggests that he is related to a family in Brandenburg (East Germany) and/or near Dresden.
- Source: #S409
- Note: I am unable to tell which of these immigration records applies to our Henry, or indeed if either of them does. No birth or baptismal record has been found in Saxony records online.
- Date: 1865
- Place: near Nuremburg, Sachsen, Prussia (now Bavaria), Germany
- Note: Sachsen bei Ansbach is near Nurenberg. But note: There is a Sachsenstrasse in Steinheim. Could this have been recorded erroneously on the passenger list?
- Date: 01 DEC 1866
- Place: Ship: Kosmos, New York, New York, NY
- Note: Henrich Tigges - Occupation: Painter; age 18; sex M; Literacy: U; Origin Saxony, Germany; Port Bremerhaven.
- Also, a passenger list shows him traveling alone on the ship, Kosmos, Line 31, from Bremerhaven, origin Sachsen, Microfilm Serial M237, roll 274, List Number 1323.
- Source: #S522
- Page: www.Castlegarden.org
- Source: #S401
- Page: Online records: New York. Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, New York, 1820-1897. Micropublication M237. Rolls # 95-580. National Archives, Washington, D.C. and New York. Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, New York, 1897-1957. Micropublication T715. Rolls # 5592-6267. National Archives, Washington, D.C.
- Date: 12 JAN 1866
- Note: Again, we have two immigration records. Both show place of origin as Sachsen. Sachsen bei Ansbach is near Nurenberg, which is now in Bavaria. But note: There is a Sachsenstrasse in Steinheim. Could this have been recorded erroneously on the passenger list? The first is Manifest ID number: 00030297; Name: Heinrich Tigges; Age: 18; Gender: Male; Occupation: Painter; Last Residence: U? (Prussia listed for others on manifest); Place of origin: Sachsen; Date of Arrival: 12 Jan 1866; Final Destination: New York; Purpose for Travel: Staying in the USA; Port of Embarkation: Antwerp; Mode of Travel: Steerage. He was traveling alone. Per Don Tigges
- Source: #S457
- Page: Manifest ID number: 00030297
- Husband: Henry* Tigges
- Wife: Augusta* Ernestine Stark
- Child: Mary\Mamie Tigges
- Date: BEF 27 DEC 1875
Could not parse date out of BEF 27 DEC 1875.
- Source S284
- Title: LDS data
- Abbreviation: LDS data
- Source S288
- Title: Death record
- Abbreviation: Death record
- Source S299
- Title: Church of the Latter Day Saints: International Genealogical Index
- Abbreviation: LDS IGI
- Source S309
- Title: Cemetery record
- Abbreviation: Cemetery record
- Source S312
- Title: Census
- Abbreviation: Census
- Source S401
- Title: Ancestry Web Site
- Abbreviation: Ancestry.com
- Source S409
- Title: E-mail message, Subject: Family records
- Abbreviation: E-mail
- Source S432
- Title: City Directory
- Abbreviation: City Directory
- Source S457
- Title: Passenger List
- Abbreviation: Passenger list
- Source S522
- Title: Castle Garden Records online
- Abbreviation: Castle Garden records online
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Henry by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Henry:
- Doris (Muller) Wheeler : 23andMe, GEDMatch A206179 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A206179, Ancestry member dorisw + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A206179, FTDNA kit #N19709
- Private Muller : 23andMe, GEDMatch M712835
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Henry is 23 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 34 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 22 degrees from Abby Glann, 24 degrees from Charles Schulz and 24 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.