- Amos Tinker
- Birth Date: 17 Jan 1695 • Lyme, New London, Connecticut, Colonial America
- Death: 27 Mar 1760 • Lyme, New London, Connecticut, Colonial America
- Father: Amos Tinker (1657–1730)
- Mother: Sarah (Duren, Blake) Durant (1661–1749)
Marriage & Family
- Spouse: Luce (Lucy) Lee
- Marriage: Jan 17, 1716, Lyme, New London, Connecticut, Colonial America
- Joseph Tinker, b. Nov. 5, 1717;
- Amos Tinker, (Jr.) b. Feb. 17, 1719/20;
- Ludia Tinker, b. Nov. 5, 1723;
- Luce Tinker, b. Feb. 9, 1725/6;
- Benjamin Tinker, b. May 6, 1728;
- Silvanus Tinker, b. Dec. 9, 1730;
- Partheny Tinker, b. Nov. 25, 1723;
- Phinehas Tinker, b. Feb. 6, 1734;
- Eunice Tinker, b. March 30, 1737
- Mariam Tinker, (?) b. June 28, 1739
- Jehiel Tinker, b. Nov. 11, 1741
- Bettey Tinker, b. Feb. 4, 1744/5.
- Source: Ancestral Family Trees View Individual Member Trees Source Information: Title: Ancestry Family Trees; Publisher: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Repository Information: Ancestry.com
- Source: Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970: Name: Amos Tinker Jr; Birth Date: 17 Jan 1696; Death Date: 27 Mar 1760; SAR Membership: 39471; Role: Ancestor; Application Date: 6 Sep 1924; Father: Amos Tinker; Mother: Sarah Durant; Spouse: Lucy Lee; Children: Martin Tinker; Household Members: Name: Irving Sterling Tinker; Augusta J Cowles; Edward Lay Tinker Jr; Laura Steele; Edward Lay Tinker; Mary Peck; Martin Tinker; Lucy Lee; Amos Tinker Jr; Sarah Durant; Amos Tinker; Alice Smith; John Tinker
- Source: Family Data Collection - Births: Name: Amos Tinker; Father: Amos Tinker; Mother: Sarah Durant; Birth Date: 17 January 1695; City: Lyme; County: New London; State: CT; Country: USA
- Source: Connecticut, Town Marriage Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection): Name: Lucy Lee; Marriage Date: 17 Jan 1716/17; Marriage Place: Lyme, Connecticut, USA; Spouse: Amos Tinker; Household Members: Name: Lucy Lee; Amos Tinker
- Source: Connecticut Town Birth Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection): Name: Amos Tinker; Marriage Date: 17 Jan 1716/17;Marriage Place: Lyme, Connecticut, USA; Spouse: Lucy Lee; Household Members: Name: Lucy Lee; Amos Tinker
- Source: Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630-1920: Name: Amos Tinker; Residence Date: 26 Jul 1741; Residence Place: Old Lyme, Connecticut, USA; Volume Title: Volume 085 Old Lyme
- Source: Lyme, Connecticut Land Records 1672-1715, Births 1693-1749, Marriages 1692-1734, Deaths 1701-1772. URL: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~orgenweb/lyme/earlylyme.html
- Source: Provided by Toles Family Historian David Toles. Samuel Toles for Lynden: Excel Spreadsheet, created over 20 years of research.
- Source: Email from WikiTree member: My family records show Amos Tinker, Sr. as born in 1657 and dying in 1730. He married Sarah Durant. Amos, Jr. married Lucy (Luce?) Lee and it appears that she was born in 1699. Amos Sr.'s father was John and his wife was Alice, but I have no dates for them. From Richard Gildersleeve
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Amos by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Amos:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Amos is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 12 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 19 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.