- John Tripp's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
John Tripp of Dorchester
- Baptized: 27 May 1587 in Horkstow, Lincolnshire, England. 
- Son of John Tripp and Ellys Unknown.
Marriage and Children
- Married: Isabel Moses on 30 July 1609 in Horkstow, Lincolnshire, England. 
- Children of John Tripp and Isabel Moses:
- All baptized at Horkstow: 
- John Tripp. Bapt. 8 September 1611. Immigrant to New England. Died October 28, 1678 in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
- Robert Tripp. (twin) Bapt. 27 January 1613/4. Buried 10 February 1613/4.
- Grace Tripp. (twin) Bapt. 27 January 1613/4. Buried 7 February 1613/4.
- Francis Tripp. Bapt. 10 February 1614/5.
- Elizabeth Tripp. Bapt. 15 December 1615. Buried 19 July 1648.
- Dorothy Tripp. Bapt. 20 March 1618/9. Buried 19 August 1624.
- Ann Tripp. Bapt. 7 July 1621. Buried 22 February 1626/7
- Robert Tripp. Bapt. 8 May 1625.
- Bridget Tripp. Bapt. 20 September 1629. Buried 14 February 1629/30.
- Buried: May 1636 in Horkstow, Lincolnshire, England. 
Notes and Commentary
- The "Relation" of John Tripp (the immigrant, d. ) allowed for the discovery and subsequent publishing of the English ancestry of this Tripp family.  In this document, John Tripp himself gives details of his family and immigration to New England. This research corrects and supersedes much incorrect speculation from the past.
Common Errors to Avoid
- Incorrect parents: He is often said to be a son of Nathaniel Tripp of Lincolnshire, England. This is incorrect. He has been proven to be a son of John Tripp and his wife Ellys Unknown.
- Citations and footnotes:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Genealogist, vol. 10 no 2. (Fall 1989):195-199. Some Observations on the Ancestry of John Tripp, Emigrant to Portsmouth, Rhode Island, by Neil D. Thompson.
- ↑ Discovered in the New Bedford library in 1990 by Paul L. Tripp.
- Source list:
- The Genealogist, vol. 10 no 2. (Fall 1989):195-199. Some Observations on the Ancestry of John Tripp, Emigrant to Portsmouth, Rhode Island, by Neil D. Thompson.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bob Nichol, Joe Cochoit, Philip Howe, Randy Seaver, and Constance Dickey. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 3 Jul 2016 at 05:30 GMT Joe Cochoit MD wrote:
On 3 Jul 2016 at 02:29 GMT Joe Cochoit MD wrote:
On 3 Jul 2016 at 02:28 GMT Joe Cochoit MD wrote:
On 2 Jul 2016 at 21:37 GMT Bob Nichol wrote:
On 2 Jul 2016 at 20:58 GMT Patricia Roche wrote:
On 15 Jun 2016 at 05:18 GMT Joe Cochoit MD wrote:
On 15 Oct 2014 at 18:26 GMT Bob Nichol wrote:
On 12 Dec 2012 at 03:10 GMT Constance (Richards) Dickey wrote:
John is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 25 degrees from Bob Dylan, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 20 degrees from Michael Phelps and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.