[private father (unknown - unknown)]
and [private mother (1920s - unknown)]
[private daughter (1970s - unknown)],
[private daughter (1980s - unknown)] and
[private daughter (1980s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 12 Nov 2019
| Created 6 Aug 2014 | Last significant change: 31 Oct 2019
This page has been accessed 11,169 times.
Category: New York Genealogy ResourcesCategory: Europe Genealogy Resources
This user is a native
speaker of English
Sharon (Troy) Centanne has German Roots.
Biography of Sharon TROY
|Sharon Troy Centanne in Shannon O'Shamrock costume
Biography of Sharon TROY CENTANNE
- Genealogist for 40 years.
- Specializing in Italian and Irish Genealogy
- Irish Genealogical Research Instructor, with special expertise in County Cork Research.
- Student of the Italian and Irish languages.
- Author: Librarian's Guide to Helping Patrons With Genealogical Research
- Library Information Specialist
- Local Historian
- Native English speaker, can read French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Married to Gregory J. Centanne for over 44 years.
Direct Links to Oldest Ancestors on each line:
- Hans Kamm, born about 1552 in or near Strasbourg (Holy Roman Empire) - 11th Great Grandfather
- Catherine Kirst, born about 1552 in or near Strasbourg (Holy Roman Empire) - 11th Great Grandmother
- Anna Nestler, born 1564 in Germany (Holy Roman Empire) - 11th Great Grandmother
Geographical areas of interest:
NEW YORK; FLORIDA; KANSAS; GEORGIA;
INDIANA; ILLINOIS; LOUISIANA; ALABAMA;
IRELAND (Especially County Cork); ITALY; GERMANY; SLOVAKIA; FRANCE; SWITZERLAND
TROY; AEBERLIN; AMBROSE;AHERN;
DONOGHUE; DONOVAN;DOTTER; DRESSEL;DRISCOLL;
D'URBAN; DURBAN; DUNHAM; EBERLIN; ENGEL;
My Irish Research
- Sharon Troy Centanne - Irish Genealogical Research Instructor since 1982. My interest in County Cork stems from my grandparents who were my Irish immigrant ancestors. I have studied County Cork for 40 years because I knew my County Cork grandparents and my family never lost contact with family in Cork. I have been blessed to have received ancestral information and family stories from living family members who visited Ireland. I am working on researching the 1901 and 1911 Census and adding profiles and surnames to geographic locations to help people find where in County Cork their ancestors originated, and trying to match names with people in the Roman Catholic Church Records, especially in West Cork (Ballyoughtra, Ballyisland, Ardagh, and Heir Island townlands, also Tullagh, Creagh, Castlehaven, Aughadown South, and Abbeystrowry Parishes/DEDs) and North Cork (Monananig, Ballyroberts, Top Cross , Peafield, and Riesk townlands and Rathcormack, Templebodan, and Lisgoold Civil Parishes/DED.
- First-hand information. Entered by Sharon Troy at registration.and updated occasionally.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Sharon's formal name
- e-mail address
- personal memories about Sharon (1)
- images (6)
- private children's names (3)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Sharon Centanne's full information you must be on Sharon's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Sharon is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Baldenheim, Muttersholtz, Sundhausen, Ehrweir, and surrounding villages
- I want to keep track of Announcements from Wikitree
- Especially the Old East Side where my German families lived for over 100 years.
- Come join us in the County Cork Project! I am especially interested in Ballyoughtra on Loughine near Skibbereen and in Monananig in Bartlemey. Please help me with my O'Connell brick wall there.
- Interested in Florida history and Florida pioneers
- Very interested in Florida history and in our Florida roots here.
- Muttersholtz, Baldenheim, Ehnwihr, Sundhausen (Sundhouse) and surrounding villages in the Canton of Markholsheim, Department of Bas-Rhin, Alsace before 1835
- I have been teaching Irish Genealogy and History since 1982.
- Currently researching dozens of families from Alia, Sicilia and related families in Valle D'Olmo. I am also learning Italian.
- Interested in the history and genealogy and built enviroment of Lealman, Florida and the history of the Lealman family
- Interested in anyone related to the Centanni Family of New Orleans and of Kenner, Louisiana.
- Especially interested in Italian notables.
- Interested in all families related to the Schirck family of Warren, Pennsylvania; anyone related to the Lesser family of Erie, Pennsylvania, and anyone related to the Centanni/Costantino/Toney family of Clearfield, Pennsylvania
- Interested in any family from Alia, Sicilia
- Interested in learning the Civil War history of our ancestors
- I am managing the Pinellas County Pioneers Project in Pinellas County, Florida. I am also interested in many aspects of United States History.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Sharon by comparing test results with other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Sharon:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to post a comment.