- Elizabeth Tudor's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
b. Sat 02 July 1492 Sheen Palace (Later Richmond Palace) Surrey
d. Mon 14 Sep 1495 Eltham
burial: Fri 27 Sep 1495 St. Edward the Confessor's Shrine Westminster Abbey
(Royal Ancestry) Elizabeth Tudor was born 2 July 1492, died at Eltham, Kent 14 Nov. 1495, and was buried at Westminster Abbey.
(Royal Tombs of Medieval England) The daughter of Henry VII and Elizabeth of York, Elizabeth died at Eltham Palace on 14 September 1495, aged three years old. She was buried in the Confessor's Chapel on 26 September after a funeral with all the trappings of adult burial, including professional banners, a hearse and Cloth of Majesty. The account of the funeral records that the black hearse valence was bordered in red and white roses, with the words 'Jesus est Amor Meus' embroidered in gold. The principal mourner was Elizabeth's great-aunt, Elizabeth Plantagenet, Duchess of Suffolk. Elizabeth was buried beside the altar at the east end of the Confessor's shrine, and her tomb erected nearby. Her small Purbeck and black marble sarcophagus stands between the tombs of Henry III and Eleanor of Castile and has indentations for an effigy or brass, since lost.
- Royal Ancestry D. Richardson 2013 Vol. V p. 208
- Royal Tombs of Medieval England M. Duffy 2003 p. 253
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's ancestors' mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 10 May 2012 at 15:36 GMT Lindsay (Stough) Coleman wrote:
Elizabeth is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 14 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 19 degrees from Ayn Rand, 20 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.