- Geneadiva (Tull) Mere's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
===Genealogy and Research===
I have been an avid Family Genealogist for 35 years! I am more about the documentation and proof than I am the "numbers". As I have researched my own family I have researched lots of collateral and community lines so I have a pretty good database for McNairy, Chester and Hardeman Counties in Tennessee. Additionally, I have done a good bit of work in Walker, Fayette, Lawrence, Tuscaloosa counties in Alabama and Shenandoah, Augusta, Orange, Rockingham and Old Dunmore counties in Virginia.
I have several branches of family from Onslow County and Jones counties in North Carolina as well.
As my family and I participate in a DNA project, I realize I have ancestors who have lived in almost every county in Tennessee, North Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi, and South Carolina and a good bit of Virginia and Kentucky.
I still have many "missing in action" ancestors and this is primarily because they were very poor and lived in counties with major record losses. The second reason they are missing is lack of time and resources to go to the State Archives and the county archives and courthouses in search of their history.
I am thankful I started my genealogy adventure with two grandparents living and various great aunts, uncles, as well as older cousins in the family willing to share Bible records, family history and stories. I learned to go to the courthouse to search for the records and that is still my preferred way to research, but very grateful for the many online databases that allow me to research 24/7 from the comfort of my home.
My favorite records are deeds and chancery court records in addition to the usual marriage, birth and death and obituary records.
===Surnames and locations I research===
COOKSEY- various spellings
Tennessee- Hardeman, Dekalb, McNairy
Tennessee- Hardeman and McNairy
Arkansas- Prairie, Cross
Mississippi- Pontotoc and Lee
Delaware- Kent County
North Carolina- Caswell and Orange
South Carolina- Greenville District
North Carolina- Jones and Onslow
Alabama- Walker County
Mississippi- Alcorn and Tippah Counties
Tennessee- McNairy, Hardin, Gibson, Dyer
North Carolina- somewhere???
Tennessee-Hardeman, McNairy, Fayette
Arkansas- Cross, Randolph, Woodruff
Missouri- Osage, Callaway, Boone counties
McIntyre (McIntire, McEntire, McEntyre)
Indiana- Gibson and Knox
North Carolina- Lincoln and Tyrone
North Carolina- Onslow County
Tennessee- McNairy & Blount
Alabama -possibly Madison
Tennessee- Jefferson and Madison
Virginia- Shenandoah and Rockingham
Tennessee- McNairy and Hardeman
Alabama- Fayette, Walker, Tuscaloosa
North Carolina- Caswell
Alabama- Lawrence, Walker, Lauderdale
North Carolina- Caswell
South Carolina- Greenville District
South Carolina- Abbeville and Greenwood
South Carolina- Anderson, Greenwood
Arkansas- Hot Springs, Clark, Scott
Tennessee- McNairy, Chester, Hardeman counties
Arkansas- Pulaski County
South Carolina- Greenwood
Arkansas- Lonoke, Faulkner, Mississippi
- Geneadiva's formal name
- e-mail address
- personal memories about Geneadiva (1)
- images (16)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Geneadiva is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
- Interested in Adcock families of Middle Tennessee and the families who intermarry with them. Nancy Adcock, born c1811 Tennessee marries 1846 in White County; 1850 In Dekalb County and to McNairy County by 1860. Parents Unknown.
- Samuel Bell, (Bell-3151), born about 1792 North Carolina. Marries about 1815 Tennessee; In Alabama between 1816-1837, then to Itawamba County, Mississippi. He dies after 1860. Who is he and what happened to him??
- Coffman/Kauffman of various spellings. Pennsylvania to Virginia. Samuel Kauffman born 1752 Lancaster Co., PA died 1828 Rockingham Co., VA; Daughter, Barbara married John Neff 1793 Shenandoah co., VA; Samuel is son of Michael Kauffman and Barbara Haldiman and grandson of Michael Kauffman and Anna Kneissley. Various spellings for all these names.
- Daniel Cooksey born about 1821 Tennessee. Oral family history says he is son of Jonathan Cooksey and Elizabeth Irvin/Ervin, etc. Would love to find the documentation for this. DNA seems to match Cooksey Family of Maryland.
- very interested in DNA at WikiTree! Currently manage six profiles at ancestry(uploaded at gedmatch) and linked at WikiTree!
- Asaph Edge, born about 1782 in South Carolina and his wife, MILLY. Would like to locate her maiden name. Family moved from SC to Itawamba County, Mississippi. Asa Henry EDGE born c1828 joins the Confederate Army in Saltillo, MS, 31st MS Infantry in 1863 and doesn't come home from the war? Does he die or just disappear. His military records do not indicate he died. He is last noted in his military records as deserted on 6 June 1863.
- Philip Harpine who died in Shenandoah County, Virginia before 1805. His wife was Mary Catharine, but what is her maiden name???? Need documentation for her maiden name!
- Southern USA especially Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, And South Carolina.
- McIntyre late 1700's Lincoln, Tyron, Rutherford Counties of North Carolina to KY, southern INDiana to Middle TN to West Tennessee.
- John Meadows born c1845 Cole County, Missouri; Mother is Sarah born c1817 Virginia. Who is his father and what part of Virginia are they from? What is Sarah's maiden name?? Where is this family in 1850???
- Albert Meredith born c1817 DE, USA; in Osage Co., Missouri by 1850. Who are his parents? He disappears after 1876 and isn't included in the 1876 Missouri State Census. Wife, Mary Jane Davis dies after 1880 and two of their children go to IOWA for some reason, suspect as orphans. They are located in 1895 in IOWA. Benjamin Franklin Meredith born c1875 MO and William Frederick Meredith born c1876. Neither marries or has known children best I can follow from census records.
- Pennywitt- many spellings! One of my favorite names and definitely like to collaborate with others working on the Shenandoah County, VA family of John Pennywit. John died about 1793.
- Quick family of Maryland to Montgomery County, Missouri. Margaret QUICK Davis (1810-1875); daughter of Jacob Quick and Phoebe CAPPS.
- Anderson County, South Carolina early 1700's to 1900's.
- Elizabeth born c1815 died after 1880 in McNairy Co., TN. Who was she with documentation?? She had five children, born AL, MS and TN! Some census records record her as born SC, NC, and AL. Interested in Tull's of McNairy, Hardeman and Chester Counties of TN; Van Zandt Co., TX and others.
Geneadiva Mere's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Geneadiva or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Geneadiva:
- Geneadiva (Tull) Mere: AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Shadowfile + Autosomal DNA Test, GEDMatch A351443
- Mary Frances James : AncestryDNA + Autosomal DNA Test, GEDMatch A458481
- Rose Tull : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member MargaretTull
- Caroline James : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A355945, Ancestry member fingertrapt
- Jerry New : AncestryDNA
- Katbird (Mere) Meredith : Autosomal DNA Test, GEDMatch A124522
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Geneadiva. (Best for comments to Geneadiva that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Geneadiva that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 11 Feb 2017 at 18:01 GMT Bill Vincent Ph.D. wrote:
On 24 Jan 2017 at 21:48 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote:
On 29 Jun 2016 at 15:57 GMT Summer (Binkley) Orman wrote:
On 26 Feb 2016 at 00:11 GMT Carole Taylor wrote:
funny, none on any of my Greer's or Lee's WOW
On 26 Feb 2016 at 00:08 GMT Carole Taylor wrote:
On 17 Feb 2016 at 21:02 GMT Ronald Moomaw wrote:
The best source for Abraham as the father of Philip is the Abraham's will which is abstracted below. I can't find my copy of the Harpine genealogy at the moment and I don't think that is well sourced. But it does seem convincing on the Oley Pa. origin for Philip.
Lineages, Inc., comp. Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania Wills, 1682-1819 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2000. Original data: Philadelphia County Wills, 1682-1819. Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1900.
Name: Abraham Herpin Residence: Olyin, Philadelphia Co. Description: Decedent Date: 4 Nov 1747 Prove Date: 24 May 1748 Title: Yeoman BookPage: J:126 Remarks: Herpin, Abraham. Olyin, Co. of Philadelphia. Yeoman. Nov. 4, 1747/8. May 24, 1748. Children: Mary Elizabeth Reser and Philip. Brother and Exec: Jonathan Herpin.
On 10 Jan 2016 at 11:34 GMT Jacky Clark wrote:
On 19 Oct 2015 at 22:08 GMT Jacky Clark wrote:
On 2 Apr 2015 at 13:39 GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
I noticed your new Club 100 badge.
Keep up the nice work.
On 29 Jun 2014 at 23:08 GMT Geneadiva (Tull) Mere wrote:
Here is the list of my direct line female ancestors that I will share this DNA with:
my daughter- Living
myself-Living + (2 sisters and 3 nieces)
my mother- Mother James (and her two sisters and 3 female 1st cousins).
My grandmother: Mary Ada Woods (1904-2002)
great-grandmother: Alberta Virginia NEFF (1872-1963)
2nd great grandmother: Sarah Catharine Will(1840-1936)
3rd great grandmother: Sarah Ruddell (Riddle, Ruddle) (1798- btw 1860-1870)
4th great grandmother: Elizabeth Bowman(b between 1770-1880 and died before 1806 when her husband remarried)
5th great grandmother: Barbara Unknown Bowman- died after 1825