- Elisabeth Katrina and her twin, Ingeborg Katrina, were born on 12 July 1900 to Edla Uhlin, a single mother. Their father was Erik Rosén (listed as "Er Rosén the younger on birth record), b. 25 Aug 1864 in Söderhamn.
- Their godparents were: Johan (a worker) and Hildur (his wife, b. in Wenlén) Styf from Söderhamn.
- They were born at And[ers] Westin at Källvik (p. 452) and christened in Söderhamn on 5 Aug 1900. Anders Westin and his wife, Märta (born Blom) were also Godparents.
- Elisabeth was adopted by the Bergströms, and Ingeborg was adopted by Edla's sister, Anna, and her husband.
- Elisabeth Katrina's name was changed to Karin Elizabeth by the time she came to America in 1923.
|Picture from Arkiv Digital of Söderhamn AIIa:1c (1896-1905)|
- 1902 11 Dec: moves to Söderala Wansäter No 6 with the Bergström family and her sister Ingeborg Katrina
- 1903 aug 28 her sister Ingeborg Katrina is moving out alone to Stugsund, Söderhamn where she lives with her biological mothers sister Anna Maria Uhlin 37 years old and her husband "Maskinist" Lars Robert Strandlund 41 years old
- 15 Sep Arvid and Karin leave Sweden from Gothenbourg, traveling on the ship Drottningholm. The original plan was for the two of them and their daughter, Gulli, to travel to the United States. They were able to obtain three visas for the travel; however, by the time the visas arrived, their son Karl Olof Gunnar had been born, and they were forced to leave Gulli behind with her grandparents. She was about 2-1/2 years old.; destination: New York
- 25 Sep Ten days after they left Gothenbourg, they arrive in New York.
|Picture from [Arkiv Digital] of Göteborgs poliskammare (-1900) EIX:111 (1923-1923)|
- 1930 Karin, Arvid and three of their children -- Gunnard, Alice and Dennis -- are living in Weller, Henry County, Illinois.
- 1940 Arvid and Karin are living in Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois. Gunnard is now 19 years old, and they have two more children: Alice (14) and Dennis (12).
|Per Arvid and Karin Elisabeth Ohlsson, aft. 1923|
- 1978 Karin Elizabeth passes.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Norrala C:10 (1895-906) Bild 860 / sid 77 (AID: v136159.b860.s77 , NAD: SE/HLA/1010142)
- ↑ Söderhamn AIIa:1c (1896-1905) Image 760 / page 964 (AID: v136884.b760.s964, NAD: SE/HLA/1010202)
- Nr 335? 24/10 1900
- ↑ Söderhamn B:6 (1895-1910) Image 980 / page 90 (AID: v136892.b980.s90, NAD: SE/HLA/1010202)
- ↑ SVAR
- Census 1900
- Name Elisabeth Katrina
- Home parish Norrala
- Place of residence Norra Djupvik
- Deanery S. Hels:d. Ö.
- County Gävleborg
- Birth year 1900
- Birth parish Norrala
- Marital status Ogift
- Gender Kvinna
- Family status code Barn
- Family no 1
- Other Tvillingar
- Page 71
- Row 13
- Created by Riksarkivet SVAR-Svensk arkivinformation
- ↑ Norrala B:4 (1895-1940) Image 300 / page 22 (AID: v190949.b300.s22, NAD: SE/HLA/1010142)
- Nr 85,86, 18/12, Ingeborg Katarina Elisabet? Uhlen, 1900 12/7, ,2,Söderhamn,N(orrala), (page in household book) 492
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Norrala AIIa:2 (1900-1906) Image 780 / page 492 (AID: v136142.b780.s492, NAD: SE/HLA/1010142)
- ↑ Söderala B:5 (1895-1913) Image 610 / page 55 (AID: v136799.b610.s55, NAD: SE/HLA/1010201)
- Nr 158 dec 15 Bergström Karl Anton såg. h., 2d(daughters), 3/7 69,1,3,Norrala, Vansäter, 2.197, R 94 154/90
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Söderala AIIa:6 (1901-1905) Image 2090 / page 197 (AID: v136782.b2090.s197, NAD: SE/HLA/1010201)
- We have a note that Edla Katarina Uhlin has approved to be the mother of the children according to the moving in document
- ↑ Söderhamn B:6 (1895-1910) Image 1550 / page 147 (AID: v136892.b1550.s147, NAD: SE/HLA/1010202)
- Nr 179, 31/8, Uhlin Ingeborg Katarina flicka 00, ,,1,Söderala, Stugsund,184
- ↑ Söderhamn AIIa:1e (1896-1905) Image 1970 / page 184 (AID: v136886.b1970.s184, NAD: SE/HLA/1010202)
- ↑ Information about the situation with the visas was given to me by Larry Ohlsson, son of Karl Olof Gunnar. -- J. Ricketts, 7 Mar 2016.
- ↑ About S/Y Drottningholm: * wikitree * The Ocean Liners * Swedish America line
- ↑ Göteborgs poliskammare (-1900) EIX:111 (1923-1923) Image 1390 / page 275 (AID: v479835.b1390.s275, NAD: SE/GLA/12703)
- 36335 Ohlsson Per Arvid, svarvare, 11.5.(18)95,28,1,,1, Järvsö Gävl.,Bergvik, M:polis, MInnesota
- ↑ "New York, Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JN63-6Z4 : accessed 9 October 2015), Per Arvid Ohlsson, 25 Sep 1923; citing departure port Gothenburg, Sweden, arrival port New York, ship name Drottningholm, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- ↑ "United States Census, 1930", database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XSYK-DMY : 8 December 2015), Karin Ohlson in entry for Arvid Ohlson, 1930.
- ↑ "United States Census, 1940," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KWHT-M82 : 17 May 2014), Arvid Ohlsson, Ward 2, Galesburg, Galesburg Township, Knox, Illinois, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 48-10, sheet 61A, family 75, NARA digital publication T627 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 2012), roll 826.
On 28 Sep 2011 Julie (Fiscus) Ricketts wrote:
Login to add your own memory.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Karin by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Julie (Fiscus) Ricketts : Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test HVR1 and HVR2, haplogroup H, Mitosearch HVQ48, FTDNA kit #397672
- Eric Johnson : 23andMe, GEDMatch M013018
- Paul Johnson : 23andMe, GEDMatch M053735 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch M053735, Ancestry member berekum + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch M053735, FTDNA kit #B7961
- Lea (Marks) Ranum : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Learanum
- Kenny Ohlsson : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A011353
- Lisa (Ohlsson) Perlinger : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A090802
- Andrea (Marks) Nieken : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A863332
- Jeff Marks : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A933552
- Julie (Fiscus) Ricketts : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T443412, FTDNA kit #397672
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 3 Nov 2015 at 19:45 GMT Magnus Sälgö wrote:
Karin is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 30 degrees from Charlotte Brontë, 19 degrees from Bob Keniston, 24 degrees from Ben Kingsley and 24 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.