Elizabeth (Unknown) Duncan
formerly [surname unknown]
Born [date unknown] [location unknown]
Daughter of [father unknown] and [mother unknown]
[date unknown] [location unknown]
Died [date unknown] [location unknown]
Profile last modified 28 Jul 2018
| Created 9 Jan 2009
This page has been accessed 216 times.
The Birth, Death, and Marriage Dates are a rough estimate
. See the text for details.
This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
No original source records have been located to confirm birth or marriage records. It appears that some erroneous information may have been published, and perhaps republished/reported, making the “actual facts” obscure. There is a great deal of conflicting information surrounding the Duncan Families in North Carolina – Many Source-to-Source discrepancies; co-mingling of records, Lack of records; conflicting family stories; number of Duncan’s with the same names, inter-marriages, etc.
Family Location Surry/Sussex Virginia to Caswell Co North Carolina to Henderson Kentucky and Georgia
- Birth Estimate 1675-1700
- Marriage Estimate 1695-1720 -- David Duncan. David died 1743-1745 Albemarle Parish VA (Will) dated 1744, recorded 17 July 1744 or 1745; Albemarle Parish date of death 9 April 1745, certified by Nathl. Duncan)
- It is likely that David Duncan was "transported" to Virginia in 1718 by William Hunt. It is unknown if Elizabeth accompanied him or they married after arrival
- Death Estimate Unknown - After 1745
- One Elizabeth Duncan is referenced in Surry Co Vestry Books which may be applicable (unproven). The first mention was at a vestry held prior to the one dated Oct 16, 1749. The second was at a vestry held prior to the one dated Oct 10, 1750.
- ↑ Arrival 1718 New Hampshire. Source: #S1659242265 Place: New Hampshire; Year: 1718; Page Number: 326
- ↑ "Cavaliers and Pioneers", Vol. I (16231666); Vol. II (16661695); Vol. III; by Nugent (index & extracts from Evelyn Sigler 7/30/1981 & from Charles Gordon 7/1/1983; SLC & Placerville 8/31/1982 & later)
- ↑ Patent Book 10: William Hunt, 1120 acres (N.L.), Surry Co; on SW side of Nottoway River, by Hunting Quarter Swamp, adj. Major William Hunt, 12 Nov. 1718, p.406.4 Lbs., 5 Shill., & Imp. of 6 pers: David Dunkins, ...(Vol III:209)
- ↑ Will Named wife Elizabeth and children Nathaniel, David, John, Peter, Daniel and Jennett; (births estimated about 1695-1745 in Surry-Sussex VA
- ↑ "Ordered that the Church Wardens do pay Elisabeth DUNCAN an Indigent Woman Fifteen Shillings out of the money in their hands arising from Fines." Pg.54 "The Vestry Book of Albemarle Parish". Pg.58 "Ordered that the late Churchwardens Out of the Money which has Accrued to this Parish for bastards fines &c lay out fifteen shillings in relieving ye necessities of Elizabeth DUNCAN widow an Aged Infirm woman." Signed Willm Willie Minister.
Vestry Book p.48, 74, 31 Albemarle Parish Vestry Book, 1742-1786: Surry and Sussex Counties, Virginia By Virginia Lee Hutcheson Davis, Andrew Wilburn
More Genealogy Tools
Is Elizabeth your relative? Please don't go away!
to collaborate, or
the profile manager, or
our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Elizabeth by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Elizabeth:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to post a comment.