[private sister (1960s - unknown)] and [private sister (1960s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 23 Sep 2019
| Created 23 Jan 2013 | Last significant change: 22 Sep 2019
This page has been accessed 6,672 times.
Descendant of honored ancestors.
David Urquhart is an England Orphan Trailblazer
David Urquhart has completed the England Project's Orphan Trail.
David Urquhart was born in Queensland, Australia
David Urquhart has English ancestors.
David Urquhart has Scottish Ancestors.
David Urquhart participated with GB-Gen' during the 2018 Source-a-Thon, adding ' sources to profiles.
David gifted some WikiTree kindness during the 2018 Secret Santa Swap!
David Urquhart is participating with Windsor Warriors during the 2019 Clean-a-Thon, correcting 1020 suggestions.
- I was born in Ayr, Queensland, Australia in the 1950's, the first born child of Ian and Claire Urquhart, a week before Cyclone Connie hit the district. My mother has told me, that I was in a hurry and arrived three weeks early. I was baptised into the Anglican faith on my parents First Wedding Anniversary.
- I grew up on a Sugar Cane farm with my two younger sisters, in the Airdmillan district, on the seaward side of Ayr, which is an hour's drive south of Townsville.
- My grandparents Robert and Mary Urquhart purchased that farm in 1939 when my father was about 4 years old. Their next two years of farming, saw the crop decimated by two cyclones in two years. David and Ann Lambie were leasing the farm next door, at the time. David and Ann later moved to Rita Island, and purchased a Sugar Cane farm there.
- I was named after my gr.grandfather David Lambie and first went to the Airdmillan State School, just down the road from home. This school , now, no longer exists.
My Favourite Quotes.
- There is never enough time !!!
Jean-Claude Van Damme, Timecop.
- Keep the Ship out of the surf and spray or you will plunge to destruction !!!
edited Homer quote, used in Battleship.
- We are going to have so much fun !!!
from an episode of Murdoch Mysteries.
- Let's just DIVE in !!!
from the movie Deep Blue Sea.
- To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often !!!
English Prime Minister, writer and soldier.
- He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave.
- We shall sooner have the fowl by hatching the egg than by smashing it !!!
16th President of the United States.
- Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit, And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes, I will be brief !!! Hamlet.
English dramatist and poet.
⇉Grey Street Ghosts ⇉
The rest of my profile.
⇉Silver Link Stories ⇉
Stuff about the Burdekin.
⇉Urquhart Name Study⇉
A study on the Urquhart family.
⇉Ravenswood, Queensland Place Study⇉
A study about Ravenswood and it's people.
⇉The Aquarian Door Way⇉
The rest of my Wikitree Wilderness.
My WikiTree Enduring Power of Attorney.
- To aid WikiTree in the administration of my account should I be incapacitated, or in the event of my death, I, David J Urquhart, of Queensland, Australia, hereby give permission for all private and public profiles I'm presently managing to be transferred to community members on my trusted list or to the Leadership Team to be farmed out to any interested party or parties.
- Anybody wishing to use photographs, links, etc, uploaded or used by myself on any of the Profiles or Free Space pages which I manage or work on, are welcome to do so. I only ask that you leave a note or acknowledgement on the 'photograph' or the profile where you have used the 'photograph' in question.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed through Y-chromosome DNA testing. David Urquhart, FTDNA kit #269747, and his 4th cousin once removed, Living Person, FTDNA kit #189205, match at a Genetic Distance of 2 on 67 markers thereby confirming their direct paternal lines back to their MRCA John Urquhart. FTDNA indicates that the probability the two share a common ancestor within the last 7 generations is 92.39% and within the last 8 generations is 95.22%.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed by a triangulated group on Family Tree DNA consisting of David Urquhart, his 2C2R, Mabs Teese, and his 1C2R, Noelene Conn who all share between 12 and 16 cM segments on chromosome 4. These matches have been verified by David Urquhart via the Family Finder Chromosome Browser. David and Mabs are 2C2R; David and Noelene are 1C2R; Mabs and Noelene are 2C. The most-recent common ancestors shared by all three are Thomas Mayoh and Ann Windross
- Elizabeth Cheyne Copeland is an ancestor of Laura Bozzay and sister to
- Eleanora Cheyne Angus... an ancestor.
- I share 33cM with Marty Acks as 4th cousin-remote with a 12cM shared block on chromasome 3 via FT DNA.
- I share 19cm with Kristine Quintero as 5th cousin-remote with a 9cM shared block on chromasome 15 via FT DNA..
- I have an X Match with Hilary Carr
- I have a match with Dan Driggs
- ↑ *Baptismal Document for David John Urquhart, 17 May 1959, Registration No. 306A, Register kept at All Saints Anglican Church, Ayr, State of Queensland, Copy in possession of David John Urquhart.
- Copy in my possession, A History of the Burdekin. by John Hy Peake. Citation Peake, John Henry. and Ayr Shire, Queensland. Council. A history of the Burdekin / [by John Henry Peake] [Ayr Shire Council] [Ayr, Q.] 1971
- Aberdeenshire Memorial Inscriptions Search Page
- ISOGG Wiki Welcome
- First-hand information as remembered by David.
- Peter James Mayoh' For his Mayoh, Huckel, Holman and Abbott research.
- Glenda Dykes research, and published book for Huckel Reunion in 1988, "Pictures of Many Years"
- Richie Wright at Findagrave for his extra effort on working with my many submissions to Findagrave. At last count I have 22 memorials which I manage.
- Pare Hayward-Howie for creating the Abbotts of Kent Space page.
- Pixabay's Photographs.
- Wikimedia Commons.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- David's formal name
- full middle name (J.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (17)
- private siblings' names
For access to David Urquhart's full information you must be on David's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
David is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- As usual I'm late, and this sounds interesting and fun. I'm enjoying the 52 photos so I thought Id join this
- I'm a bit late but I like the sound of this. I need to get more of my photos on to Wikitree.
- One of my Brick Walls. A special shout out to Pare Haywood-Howie for creating the Abbotts_of_Kent space page
- Extensive research in Aberdeenshire has been done by me, on this name, to definitely distinguish my line from the several Alexander's, close in age, present in the area.
- A challenge from time to time is good for the soul
- Half my ancestors come from here. Kent, Lancashire, Bedfordshire, Shropshire and Staffordshire for starters
- My interest is the exploration and discovery of the Burdekin River by Ludwig Leichhardt and John Clements Wickham. This eventually led to the founding of Townsville, Queensland. Townsville was the port of call for the gold rushes in the area.
- Another extensively researched name in Kent. Every William Holman in Kent in the 1840's period has been researched.
- Huckel and variation (Huckle)
The history of this family would suggest Aryan/Germanic ancestry, going by the Blond/Light hair and Blue/Grey eye references I have found.
- Lambie and any associated spelling.(Lammie/Lamie) There is a Lambie Family facebook page.
- The Mayoh's of Bolton, Lancashire.
- Working on John Byron, father of the poet, and Hetty Tayler, who definitely deserves to be here on Wikitree.
- Onions of Shropshire and Staffordshire
- The Pountney's/Powney's of Staffordshire.
- I'm proud and excited to be given the privilege of working with these profiles
- I love cleaning up messy profiles, adding sources, etc.
- Love Scotland. Half my ancestors came from here. Aberdeenshire, Ross and Cromarty, Perthshire and Inverness-shire for starters.
- I have done extensive research on this, my patrilineal line, since 1997, and in doing so, I have discovered a reference to the "ALMOST TOTAL" destruction of the pre1747 Resolis, Cromarty-shire records by an over zealous encumbant. This is a constant source of annoyance. Doing my research, I have taken a (probably unhealthy) interest in the descending lines of the Urquhart Daughters. It seams that many of the daughters were "Beautiful" and made excellent marriages.
David Urquhart's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with David or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- David Urquhart:
Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 111 markers, haplogroup R-S691, FTDNA kit #269747
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- David Urquhart:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup U5b1c1a, FTDNA kit #269747
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with David:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages:
Send a private message to David. (Best for comments to David that need to be private.)
- Public Comments:
Login to post.
(Best for messages to or about David that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 14 Sep 2019 at 03:10 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 26 Aug 2019 at 07:54 GMT Gillian Thomas wrote:
On 13 Aug 2019 at 06:51 GMT Veronica (Coat) Williams wrote:
On 12 Aug 2019 at 06:47 GMT Gillian Thomas wrote:
On 3 Aug 2019 at 00:37 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 27 Jul 2019 at 04:03 GMT Melanie Paul wrote:
On 18 Jul 2019 at 10:51 GMT Susie MacLeod wrote:
On 1 Jul 2019 at 19:23 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 23 Jun 2019 at 00:54 GMT Michelle (Saucier) Ladner wrote:
On 20 Jun 2019 at 18:59 GMT Susan (Goldmark) Laursen wrote: