Unknown Van Zant
, [private brother (1950s - unknown)
] and [private brother (1950s - unknown)
[private daughter (1970s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 17 Oct 2019
| Created 23 Oct 2014
This page has been accessed 3,563 times.
He was the lead singer and a founding member of the 1970s Southern rock band "Lynyrd Skynyrd". Together with guitarist Allen Collins, he co-wrote many of the band's hit songs including:
- "The Ballad of Curtis Loew"
- "Sweet Home Alabama"
- "Mr. Saturday Night Special"
On October 20, 1977, with band members Steve Gaines, Cassie Gaines and assistant road manager Dean Kilpatrick, he was killed in a plane crash when the band's chartered flight to Baton Rouge, Louisiana crashed in west Mississippi due to mechanical problems.
For a list of band members, see Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Florida Divorce Index - FL,Duval Co certificate#23727 for Ronald W, VanZant divorced Aug 1969 from Nadine VanZant,
- Florida Marriage Collection & Index compiled by Florida Department of Health v3142 certificate#073233 for Ronnie VanZant m=30 Nov 1971 FL,Polk-Co to Peggy Anita Hardee.
- U.S. Public Records Index v2 available at Ancestry.com for Ronald VanZant b=15 Jan 1948 res=5419 Woodcrest Rd, Jacksonville, FL, 32205-6329.
- U.S., Social Security Death Index for Ronald Van Zant b=15 Jan 1948 ss#263-88-9535 issued=1963 FL d=Oct 1977,
- Find A Grave Virtual Cametery Find A Grave: Memorial #1057 for Ronnie Van Zant.
- Ancestry Family Trees are available at ancestry.com
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Ronnie's formal name
- full middle name (W.)
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- exact deathdate
- death location
- images (4)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (1)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Ronnie Van Zant's full information you must be on the Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Ronnie by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome
or his mother's mitochondrial DNA
However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Ronnie:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.