- Charlotte (Venable) Stone's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
b. Jesse Venable, b 14 May 1787 in Surry Co NC. He married Charity Eaton in Stokes Co on 22 Feb 1822. She was born abt 1800, and died 22 Jan 1885 in Stokes Co. Jesse died 7 Apr 1877. They had seven children, all born in Stokes Co-
1. Martin Venable, b 15 Oct 1824, married Hannah P Gibson in Surry Co on 13 Feb 1847, and married second with Nancy Jane Grigg in Stokes Co on 17 Feb 1859. Hannah was born in NC in 1827 and probably died about 1857 in Stokes Co. Nancy was born 22 Apr 1833 in Surry Co, daughter of Anderson Grigg and Casandra Pell, and died 8 Feb 1911 in Surry Co. Martin had five children with Hannah and nine more with Nancy.
2. Daniel Winston Venable, b 23 Apr 1827
3. Haywood Venable, b 31 May 1829, married Mary A Lawrence in Stokes Co on 8 Nov 1855; Haywood’s younger brother provided the marriage bond.
4. Celia Venable, b 7 Feb 1831
5. Squire Venable, b 4 Jun 1834
6. John Temple Venable, b 1 Mar 1838 Edit
7. Francis Marion Venable, b 10 Aug 1841
8. Charlotte Temperance Venable, b 9 Jan 1844, married Thomas J Stone in Stokes Co on 24 Dec 1866. Thomas was born in NC in 1845. They had five children in Stokes Co by Dec 1869.
- ↑ "North Carolina Marriages, 1759-1979," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F8B8-F4Z : 29 December 2014), Thomas J. Stone and Charity T. Venable, 24 Dec 1866; citing Stokes,North Carolina, reference ; FHL microfilm 6,330,321.
- ↑ Entered by Etta Eaton.
Thanks to Etta Eaton for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Etta and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Charlotte by comparing test results with other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Charlotte:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Charlotte is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 19 degrees from Peter Roberts and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.