||Andrew (Vogler) Fogle was a Palatine Migrant.|
Join: Palatine Migration Project
Andrew's birth name was Andreas Vogler, but he used the name Andrew Fogle after immigrating to America. Some records also show the surname as Vogel. His place of birth is now part of Südwestpfalz District in the state of Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
Interred at Grace Rocky Hill Lutheran Church Cemetery, Woodsboro, Frederick County, MD .
Immigrated through the port of Philadelphia on 09 Oct 1749 on the ship Lydia.
Introductory text in the applicable List of Arrivals :
"[List 142C] At the Court House at Philadelphia, Monday, the 19th 8ber 1749.*
"Present: Thos Lawrence, Esquire, Mayor. The Foreigners whose Names are underwritten, imported in the Ship Lydia, Captn John Randolph, from Rotterdam, but last from Cowes in England, did this day take the usual Qualifications to the Government. By the List 154. Persons . . . Wirtemberg, Dourlach, Zweybrecht, Palatinate.
"*This date is evidently wrong. It should be Oct. 9th. See next ship.
"[Entry 62]: Andereas (X) Vogler."
[Profile Manager's Note: Sources  and , along with profiles by other researchers, have extensive biographical information about Andrew and cite some original sources that are not readily available. Their records indicate that he was naturalized on 17 Apr 1761 in Maryland, along with his brother-in-law Peter Barth. At the time Andrew came to Philadelphia, arriving male immigrants over the age of 16 were required to take an oath of allegiance to King George the Second of Great Britain and the Province of Pennsylvania. Sources  and  confirm the immigration data and the information about the oath, indicating that Andrew was unable to write his name and signed his oath with a 'X'.
This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
2. [G01] "Maryland Families" (Data base 6105334, Nancy Lou (Snyder) Jacobsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>). Profile for Fogle, Andrew (ID I36722), change date 02 Apr 2009. (Accessed 22 Sep 2014.)
3. [G01] "Fogle, Colvin, Jones, Wunder" (Data base whfogle, Bill (<email@example.com>). Profile for Fogle, Andrew (ID I1291), change date 03 Sep 2008. (Accessed 22 Sep 2014.)
4. Egle, William Henry, M.D., Editor, "Names of Foreigners Who Took the Oath of Allegiance to the Province and State of Pennsylvania 1727 - 1775, With the Foreign Arrivals, 1786 - 1808," Vol. XVII, Pennsylvania Archives, Edwin K. Meyers, State Printer, 1892, pp 302-304. (Online at <http://books.google.com/books?id=iEAOAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Oath++of+Allegiance+to+Pennsylvania&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TM8hVILeG6aIsQSH4ICoBA&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Oath%20%20of%20Allegiance%20to%20Pennsylvania&f=false>, accessed 22 Sep 2014.)
5. Strassburger, Ralph Beaver, LL.D., "Pennsylvania German Pioneers, A Publication of the Original Lists of Arrivals In the Port of Philadelphia from 1727 to 1808," edited by William John Hinke, Ph.D., D.D., Volume 1, 1727 - 1775, Pennsylvania German Society, Norristown, PA, 1934, List 142C, pp 420 - 422. (Online at <http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=inu.30000007109121;view=1up;seq=15>, Public Domain, Google-digitized, accessed 22 Sep 2014.)
6. Fogle, Paul Ellsworth, "Descendants of Andrew and Susanna Catharina Barth Fogle," publisher P.E. Fogle, Middletown, MD, 1998.
[Profile Manager's Note: This publication is out-of-print and listed as unavailable by the traditional repositories of genealogy data. It is mentioned here as a source in order to preserve a record of its existence in this data base.]
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Andrew is 22 degrees from Ingrid Bergman, 34 degrees from Bernardo Bertolucci, 23 degrees from Diahann Carroll, 22 degrees from Claudette Colbert, 23 degrees from Ronnie Colman, 20 degrees from Kirk Douglas, 23 degrees from Rutger Hauer, 21 degrees from Cloris Leachman, 21 degrees from Marcello Mastroianni and 19 degrees from Mark Weinheimer on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.