Richard was born about 1660, probably in Wales, as he is called a "welshman" in historical documents. He does appear in one Welsh Quaker record, in Swansea Wales, in the 1680s, before emigrating to Pennsylvania.
From: "Glimpses of Lower Merion History", Lower Merion Hist. Soc. (Late 1680s, probably about 1689) Four months later, Pennock sold, from this tract, 100 acres to Matthew Clemison, and 150 acres to Cadwalder Lewis, the northern line of these farms being now Godley road, with the line of Righter’s Mill road between them. No road reached them, except perhaps a rough trail leading to the present Young’s ford, which was not opened as a high-way until nearly fifty years later.. In a few years, both farms were sold to Richard Walter, whose family owned them for many years. The village of Merion Square (now Gladwyne) is built upon them.
From: "Gladwyne": Lower Merion Hist. Soc. "The Merion Square Hotel (now the Old Guard House Inn) was built on land that was once part of a 250-acre tract of Welshman Richard Walter."
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.