First-hand information. Entered by Susan Ward at registration. Extensive research as shown below.
1. The William Ward genealogy: history of the descendants of William Ward of Sudbury, MA; https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=15323 (William Ward 1603-1687 is my 9th g-grandfather and came to America in 1639. He was a founder of both Sudbury and Marlborough, MA) *See my visit to William Ward's memorial as the 2nd image on the profile for R. C. Ward.
2. History and Genealogy of the Page Family from the Year 1257 to the Present: https://archive.org/details/historygenealogy00page/page/n4 (John Page was 4th g-grandfather of Jane Avery Ward and arrived in Massachusetts on the Winthrop Fleet in 1630.)
3. Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts; pg. 8 https://archive.org/details/genealogiesoffam00bond/page/n4 (William Barsham was the grandfather of Abigail Spring Ward, arriving with the Winthrop Fleet in 1630 and settling in Watertown, MA.)
4. Terry Families in the US https://archive.org/stream/notesofterryfami00terr#page/248/mode/1up (Stephen Terry is 4th g-grandfather of Rebecca Nash Ward, arriving in Dorchester, Massachusetts in 1630.)
5. Elder John White, Hartford Founder; https://www.foundersofhartford.org/the-founders/elder-john-white/ (John White arrived in Boston in 1632 aboard the ship LYON. He is the 4th g-grandfather of Rebecca Nash Ward.)
6. Founders of Hartford, CT: Rev. Samuel Stone http://foundersofhartford.org/founders/stone_samuel.htm (Samuel Stone is the father of Rebecca Stone Nash, 3rd g-grandmother of Rebecca Nash Ward, and came to America in 1633 founding Hartford, CT with Thomas Hooker.)
7. One thousand years of Hubbard history, 866 to 1895; Descendants of John Hubbard; https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/genealogy-glh11850289/; (John Hubbard is 3rd g-grandfather if Rebecca Nash Ward, arriving in Watertown, Mass, about 1633.)
8. Lieut. John Spring of Newton, Massachusetts http://reganettinger.blogspot.com/2013/10/lieut-john-spring-of-newton.html (John Spring was father of Abigail Spring, wife of William Ward 1664–1752, arriving in Watertown, MA in 1634.)
9. Lieut. Samuel Smith : his children and one line of descendants and related families: https://tinyurl.com/yy226pyw (Lt. Samuel Smith arrived in Watertown, MA in 1634. He is the 3rd g-grandfather of Rebecca Nash Ward.)
10. The Genealogy of Family of John Lawrence, of Wisset, England, and Watertown and Groton, MA. https://archive.org/details/genealogyoffamil00lawr/page/n8 (John Lawrence was 4th g-grandfather of Jane Avery Ward, arrivng in Watertown, Massachusetts in 1635.)
11. Descendants of Abraham Doolittle (1620-1690) http://doolittlesofamerica.com/Genealogy/D1.html#g1 (Abraham Doolittle was g-g-grandfather of Susannah Doolittle Ward, arriving in Boston, MA in the 1630s.)
12. Genealogy of the Cowles Family in America (Vol. I.I Pg.24) https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/genealogy-glh07717429/ (John Cowles (Cole) came to America in 1634. He is the 3rd g-grandfather of Rebecca Nash Ward.)
13. William Palmer, of Hampton, NH; https://tinyurl.com/y2mhbg5s (William Palmer 1589-1646 is 5th g-grandfather of Jane Avery Ward, arriving in Watertown, MA in 1636.)
14. The New England Historical & Genealogical Register: Samuel Wright pg. 355; https://tinyurl.com/yxn2qx8a. (Samuel Wright came to Springfield, Hampden County, MA in 1636. He is the 3rd g-grandfather of William Ward (1746-1795).)
15. Founders of Hartford, CT-John Skinner https://www.foundersofhartford.org/the-founders/john-skinner/ (John Skinner is 3rd g-grandfather of Rebecca Nash Ward, arriving in Hartford, Connecticut in 1636.)
16. Merriam Genealogy in England and America https://archive.org/details/merriamgenealogy00pope/page/36 (George Merriam is 4th g-grandfather of Rebecca Nash Ward, arriving in Concord, MA in 1638.)
17. The Nash family; Records of the descendants of Thomas Nash; https://archive.org/details/nashfamilyorrec00nashgoog/page/n8 (Thomas Nash is 4th g-grandfather of Rebecca Nash Ward and came to America in 1639. He was a founder of New Haven, CT.)
18. Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America; https://archive.org/stream/descendantsofjos00loom#page/n5/mode/2up (Joseph Loomis is the 4th g-grandfather of Rebecca Nash Ward, arriving in Boston, MA in 1639. Joseph Loomis' wife (Mary White) is John White's sister.)
19. Little Family-1st 6 Generations; https://tinyurl.com/y5lp8kou (George Little was 4th g-grandfather of Jane Avery Ward, arriving in Newbury, Massachusetts in 1640.)
View R. C. Ward's Pedigree Chart at https://www.wikitree.com/photo/png/Ward-21655
Read about my visit to the William Ward Memorial at https://www.wikitree.com/photo/jpg/Ward-21655-1
To see a list of all 31 of my ancestors who came to America in the Puritan Great Migration go to https://www.wikitree.com/photo/jpg/Ward-21654-5
Name Study for AVERY https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Avery_Name_Study
Name Study for LYON/LYONS https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Lyon_Name_Study
Name Study for RANSIER/RANCIER/RANTZIR https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Ransier_Name_Study
Name Study for METZ https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Metz_Name_Study
I took over the NASH Name Study at https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Nash_Name_Study
I have confirmed my DNA connections to the following by using ThruLines on ancestry.com: John Ward, Samuel Doolittle, Jane Wheeler, Moses Nash, Rebecca Graves, John Amsden, Mary Cowles, Robert Avery, Sarah Petts, Samuel Palmer, Anne Evans, Mary Smith Ward.
(65 as of July 30, 2020) William Merriam, Joan (Merriam) Day, Margaret Merriam, Susan Merriam, Sarah Merriam, Samuel Palmer, Ann (Evans) Palmer, Sarah (Palmer) Crawley, Andrew Palmer, John Palmer, Martha (Palmer) Hardy, Wellington Buck, Miles Edmond Buck, Effie May Buck, Ida Maud Buck, Oscar Briton Buck, Cyrus Wilson Buck, Parker Harrison Buck, Edwin Buck, Matthew Buck, Eliza Jane (Buck) Brown, James Buck, Frederick Buck, Philip Thomas Buck, Faith (Dunster) Page, Simeon Amsden, Mary Amsden, Eunice Amsden, Elisha Amsden, Oliver Amsden, Elizabeth (Standley) Smith, John Amsden (2), Celicia (Doolittle) Chaffee, Sterling Doolittle, Mary (Bedortha) Smith, Benjamin Smith (2), Hans Wendel Metz, Mary (Cowles) Amsden, Ruth Lydia (Metz) Agle, Frederick Wander, George Edward Wander, Sophia Weibel, George Walter Cotton, Martin Buck UE, Asahel Amsden, Elizabeth (Wallis) Smith, Thomas Darling Buck, Theodore E. Hawley, Jasper William Speraw, William Spira Speraw Jr, Lester Harrison Speraw, Moses Smith, Emma (Risser) Cotton, Caroline (Metz) Zahm, Absolam Buck, Francis Buck, Azel Buck , Elizabeth Buck, Ida Mary Wander, Mary Anne (Weibel) Wander, Henry J Wander, Frederick George Wander, Desire Bedortha, Hannah Bedortha, Ruth (Wood) Wheeler, Samuel Page, Michael (Rhodes) Fish, Hannah Cowles, Hannss Henrich Pfattheicher
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Susan is 18 degrees from Johnny Cash, 20 degrees from Patsy Cline, 26 degrees from Gordon Kirkpatrick, 35 degrees from Ruby Hunter, 27 degrees from Reg Lindsay, 20 degrees from Don Messer, 31 degrees from Charley Pride, 21 degrees from Hank Williams, 20 degrees from Tammy Richie and 20 degrees from Laura DeSpain on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.