- Seth Ward's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Seth is not the son of John & Isabel Ward of Pontefract
Seth was born about 1613. Seth Ward ... He passed away about 1711. 
This bio is only meant as a brief summary, in order to sort out some of the John Wards. Seth should be properly researched and sourced.
Because Seth Ward and John Ward are in Varina Parish at the same time, it is speculated they are brothers, or son and father. As brothers, it has been speculated they were sons of John and grandsons of Seth below. However John Ward of Varina seems to be older. If father and son, they could still be John the son of Seth and Seth the grandson of Seth, but it is still unproved speculation all around.
Seth might be the grandson of Seth Ward who died in Abbington, Cambridgeshire, England in 1598. He left a will dated February 14th, 1598 and proved June 20th 1598. Named in his will were his wife, Annis/Anne also sons: John, Enos and Thomas; daughters Marie Warde and Anne Jacob; Grandchildren: John and Seth Warde, sons of John, and Anne Ward daughter of John, and grandchildren Martha, Alice and Marie. Seth also mentioned his brother Robert Ward, and Sister Wilsonne.
Seth Ward immigrant to Varina Parish, Virginia, was born around 1613 in England. This date is pretty consistent around the internet. This date makes him definitely not the grandson of Seth of Cambridgeshire, in the speculation above, whose grandson was born before 1598.
Who is Seth Ward's mother? There is probably not one shred of evidence for either of these women.
Some sources list him as married to Katherine Smith.
It is supposed he died in Varina Parish, Henrico, Virginia, before 1677, which is the date that Varina records exist. Other dates listed on merged profiles include 1682 and September 18, 1711. Death date of 1711 seems off and probably belongs to still another Seth Ward.
Seth had a son Richard. The son Richard died in 1682 leaving a wife, four children and a will.
To begin further research consult William and Mary Quarterly Vol. 27, No. 3, Jan., 1919
Also the website Ancestors of Virginia and Beyond has gathered a lot of the research together in one spot.
Cavaliers and Pioneers has information also
- Thanks to Charles Walter for starting this profile.
- WikiTree profile Ward-2187 created through the import of Edwards Family Tree.ged on May 29, 2011 by Kennon Edwards. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Kennon and others.
- WikiTree profile Ward-4789 created through the import of LNMaggard GEDCOM.ged on Apr 9, 2012 by Larry Maggard. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Larry and others.
- Mike Slaton, firsthand knowledge.
- Source: S1730862093 Repository: #R1730539867 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=15043181&pid=1759312028
- Repository: R1730539867 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com Note:
- ↑ Entered by Charles Walter, Mar 5, 2013
- ↑ Entered by Charles Walter, Mar 5, 2013
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Seth's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Charles Walter, Larry Maggard, and Mike Slaton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 11 Nov 2014 at 03:10 GMT Kitty (Cooper) Smith wrote:
On 12 Oct 2014 at 03:09 GMT Anne B wrote:
On 12 Oct 2014 at 03:08 GMT Anne B wrote:
On 6 Sep 2014 at 15:57 GMT Michelle McQueen wrote:
On 5 Aug 2014 at 01:50 GMT Kitty (Cooper) Smith wrote:
Seth is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 20 degrees from Bob Dylan, 15 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 22 degrees from Michael Phelps and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.