Categories: WikiTree Leaders | WikiTree Arborists | Scottish Clans Project | Wagon Trains and Trails Project | Washington Research Assistance | Puritan Great Migration Project | University of Washington | Clan Buchanan | En | De-1 | Fr-1 | Es-1.
|Search user languages|
I was born and raised in Seattle, Washington, USA, and I still live in the Northwest.
I started genealogy 25 years ago. My father's family had been traced back to the Mayflower, and my mother wanted to get on too! Never did get her there, just to 1630.
My brother and sister, their children and in-laws have all been subjects of my genealogy hobby, so it ranges all over the United States and Europe.
I received an MA in German from the University of Washington and completed the coursework for an MA in French from New York University in Paris. After studying Law at the University of Puget Sound, I practiced as an attorney for 27 years before retiring.
Of course, genealogy is my all-the-time, every day, hobby. Sailing my primary summer hobby. Dad was a competitive sailor, and I grew up on boats. I race a Starboat and sail on a bigger boat. When I'm not sailing, I play classical guitar and spend 10-12 hours a day on WikiTree, to which I am addicted.
Interesting and unique names catch my interest. I am currently working on a number of One Name Studies:
1. George Washington - 10th cousins 6 times removed
2. John Adams - 6th cousins four times removed
3. Thomas Jefferson - 6th cousins four times removed
4. James Madison - 9th cousins five times removed
5. James Monroe - 14th cousins four times removed
6. John Quincy Adams - 7th cousins three times removed
7. Andrew Jackson - No relationship
8. Martin Van Buren - No relationship
9. William Henry Harrison - 7th cousins four times removed
10. John Tyler - 11th cousins four times removed (Uncertain)
11. James Polk - 14th cousins four times removed
12. Zachary Taylor - 4th cousins 7 times removed
13. Millard Filmore - 6th cousins four times removed
14. Franklin Pierce - 6th cousins four times removed (Uncertain)
15. James Buchanan - 12th cousins 6 times removed
16. Abraham Lincoln - 7th cousins four times removed
17. Andrew Johnson - 12th cousins twice removed
18. Ulyssess S. Grant - 7th cousins five times removed
19. Rutherford B. Hayes - 5th cousins four times removed
20. James A. Garfield - 8th cousins three times removed
21. Chester A. Arthur - 8th cousins twice removed
22 and 24. Grover Cleveland - 5th cousins four times removed
23. Benjamin Harrison - 9th cousins twice removed
25. William McKinley - No relationship
26. Theodore Roosevelt - 14th cousins once removed
27. William Howard Taft - 7th cousins three times removed
28. Thomas Woodrow Wilson - No relationship
29. Warren G. Harding - No relationship
30. John Calvin Coolidge, Jr. - 7th cousins once removed
31. Hebert Clark Hoover - 11th cousins
32. Franklin Delano Roosevelt - 8th cousins twice removed
33. Harry S. Truman - 18th cousins
34. Dwight David Eisenhower - No relationship
35. John Fitzgerald Kennedy - 18th cousins
36. Lyndon Baines Johnson - 14th cousins twice removed
37. Richard Milhous Nixon - 10th cousins
38. Gerald Rudolph Ford - 9th cousins
39. Jimmy E. Carter - 17th cousins
40. Ronald Reagan - 16th cousins (Uncertain)
41. George H. W. Bush - 8th cousins twice removed
42. Bill J. Clinton - 16th cousins twice removed
43. George W. Bush - 9th cousins twice removed
44. Baraka Hussein Obama - 9th cousins three times removed
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
On 12 May 2017 at 22:46 GMT Vic Watt wrote:
On 11 May 2017 at 13:43 GMT G. Bartomeo wrote:
On 28 Apr 2017 at 17:25 GMT Charles Landman wrote:
My what a busy man you are! Thank you for all you do here.
Many of my ancestors were part of the Puritan Great Migration and I would like to help out with this project as I can. I am fairly new to Wikitree, but I understand sources (also a former lawyer) and I'm starting to get the hang of citation style. I recently worked back from Jane Rowell (Rowell-1062) to Thomas Rowell (Rowell-15) and landed in the Great Migration project. I reviewed your preferred citation style and went back to Jane Rowell to begin revising my work to conform to that style. If you have a chance, I would appreciate it if you could take a look at Rowell-1062 and let me know if there is anything you think should be done differently before I revise her father, grandfather, etc.
On 24 Apr 2017 at 18:22 GMT Bobbie (Madison) Hall wrote:
That proposed merge on the Bernie Lombards was my doing as I was bouncing through the DB errors, and they just caught my eye as a possible dupe without having done any research. Do with it what you will ;) As for PPP'ing the Bernard Lombard who is a PGM, I'd say yes, it's a good idea.
On 20 Apr 2017 at 01:23 GMT April (Dellinger) Dauenhauer wrote:
I notice you are in the PGM project, and we need a Leader for two of the profiles.
You will see on the Comments for Putnam-116, that her LNAB should be Unknown. They need to be merged together in one profile with a surname of Unknown, but since Putnam-116 is PPP, we need a Leader to remove the PPP and merge them and replace the PPP on the final profile.
All of the PMs have now approved this, but we are 'stuck'.
Can you do this? If you can, I will do the clean up after the merge. Thank you very much, (and missing my super powers)
On 19 Apr 2017 at 22:45 GMT Roger Carrier wrote:
On 16 Apr 2017 at 11:58 GMT Roy Lamberton USNR-Ret wrote:
Thanks for your efforts on getting this straight, it give my family tree another link to England, and a reason to go snooping there.
What is your tie to Scotland? Did your family every run into a Lamberton or Lambroughton (or any of the Lamber-variations) ?
On 16 Apr 2017 at 00:04 GMT Roy Lamberton USNR-Ret wrote:
I'll go back to my source stuff and see if I can fix it as well.
On 13 Apr 2017 at 00:15 GMT Gigi Raygor wrote:
She was my Great aunt. Gigi Raygor
On 6 Apr 2017 at 06:57 GMT P (Hotlen) H wrote: