- Some caution is needed with this profile. The gedcom before I transferred it to Wikitree showed Catherine as married to a Sergeant Riley and with a child. This was culled before import as something didn't seem right.There is a lot of history on many profiles on My Heritage and Ancestry etc. unsourced but with a photograph of Sergeant Riley. She almost certainly had a child Annie Elizabeth Riley (Waugh) Spooner. But I cannot find any conclusive evidence. Was Annie the illegitimate daughter of Sergeant Riley? Are there two Catherine Waughs? Is Annie attached to the right one? Sourced proof needed before adding to or removing from this Catherine's profile. Chris Hoult
- This cited document from the "The New Zealand Electronic Text Collection" is dated about 1904 John Sturgeon was born in Lanarkshire, Scotland. He was brought up as a miner, and having arrived in New Zealand in 1865 by the ship “Bombay,” became one of the original settlers in the district of that name, and received a ten-acre grant. In 1883 Mr. Sturgeon purchased 113 acres in Paparata Valley, then a dense bush. About eighty acres of this property have been cleared and brought into cultivation. During the Maori disturbances, Mr. Sturgeon, served as a volunteer in the Razorback Rangers, and afterwards in the Drury Light Horse. During the Te Kooti scare he was one of the party who went up the Waikato. In 1874 Mr. Sturgeon won the Drury Light Horse Belt for shooting, and has been a member of the Paparata Road Board since 1898. He was married, in 1893, to a daughter of the late Mr. C. Waugh, of Paparata, and has two sons and three daughters. 
- Date: 15 AUG 1871
- Place: Bombay, New Zealand
- Date: 17 JUN 1958
- Place: Bombay Cemetery
- Place: Bombay Presbyterian Church, Auckland, New Zealand
- Birth - Births, Deaths & Marriages New Zealand Birth cert 1872/117
- Source: S-540022513 Repository: #R-1046151096 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Page: Ancestry Family Tree Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=76411764&pid=88
- Repository: R-1046151096 Name: Ancestry.com
- This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import.
- ↑ http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/tei-Cyc02Cycl-t1-body1-d3-d2-d18.html#Cyc02Cycl-fig-Cyc02Cycl0699c
- ↑ Waugh-519 was created by William Jennings through the import of Jennings Family Tree Ancestry_com 140115.ged on Jan 13, 2015
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Catherine's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chris Hoult and William Jennings. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Catherine is 31 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 32 degrees from Domingo Ghirardelli, 30 degrees from Ronel Olivier, 42 degrees from Rosa Parks and 25 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.