- Henry Webb's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Name: Henry /Webb/
- Date: 15 MAY 1350
- Place: Stratford, Warwickshire, England 
- Date: 1397
- Place: Stratford, Warwickshire, England
- The WEBB family was originally from Dorset, one of the shires in England. For nearly two hundred years the WEBBs had resided in this place before Alexander Jr with his four sons came to America. The brothers had become quite wealthy. They sold their estate in England for a large sum of money prior to their departure. This English property was inherited through their ancestor, Sir Henry Alexander Webb. A copy of the letter which Catherine Parr sent her Council (Cabinet Ministers) asking them to grant her beloved friend, Sir Henry Alexander Webb, the lands and estates that had been mentioned for him is still in existence. These lands had been confiscated by the King at the suppression of the monasteries and were located in Dorsetshire, England. In later years they became of value to the children who came to America. Sir Henry Alexander Webb was usher in the Privy Council of Catherine Parr, Queen Regent of Britian in the 16th century. Catherine Parr, 6th Queen of Henry VIII of England, tactful, kindly woman to whose influence her stepchildren, the future sovereigns Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth I owed much. Among the few existing documents connected with the regency of Catherine Parr was one while Henry VIII was conducting the siege of Boulogne in 1544 AD. There is in the Crotonain Collections a letter to her council headed: Katherine, Queen Regent, K.P. in favor of her trusty and well beloved servant, Henry Alexander Webb, gentleman, usher of her Privy Chamber." The letter is in regard to some grants and privileges to Henry Alexander Webb, but which have not been fulfilled. It concludes "we most heartily desire and pray you to be favorable to him at this our earnest request. Given under my Hand and Signet, at my Lord, the King's Majesty's Honor of Hampton Court, the 23d of July and the 36th of his Highness most noble Reign." 
- This person was created through the import of Rodney Timbrook Ancestors and Relatives_2010-09-10.ged on 10 September 2010.
- WikiTree profile Webb-1564 created through the import of Webb_2011-07-09.ged on Jul 9, 2011 by Bryan Webb.
- WikiTree profile Webb-1468 created through the import of My Ancerstors.ged on Jul 2, 2011 by Mike Snider.
- Travis Wagner, firsthand knowledge.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Henry by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Henry is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 16 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 26 degrees from Ayn Rand, 24 degrees from Peter Roberts and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.