Roger Wentworth, of Nettlestead, Suffolk, which he acquired through marriage (by 25 June 1422, originally secretly because of their difference in rank) with Margery de jure Baroness le Despenser (died 20 April 1478), in her own right, widow of 7th Lord (Baron) de Ros of Helmsley and daughter and heir of 2nd Lord (Baron) le Despenser, 17 Dec 1387
Margery and Roger Wentworth were ancestors to Jane Seymour, third queen consort of King Henry VIII.
Roger is often credited with a knighthood, but this seems to be unsupported by primary evidence.
- Magna Carta Ancestry 2011 2nd ed. Vol. III p. 234-235
- Burke's Peerage
- Wentworth, John: The Wentworth Genealogy, 2nd edn. (1878), page 39; chart G, page xxii.
This page has been edited according to Style Standards adopted January 2014. Descriptions of imported gedcoms for this profile are under the Changes tab.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Roger's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Kathryn Greenwald, Allen Blanton, Ann Lamb, Lynn Wentworth, and Wendy Hampton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 1 Sep 2014 at 01:12 GMT Lynden (Raber) Rodriguez OCDS wrote:
Roger is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 28 degrees from Bob Dylan, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 21 degrees from Michael Phelps and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.