- Francis West's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Birth: 28 OCT 1586, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England
- Death: Gov. Francis West, died in Virginia, leaving a will dated 17 Dec 1629 and proved 28 Apr 134.
- Francis emigrated to Virginia, and was elected to the Council in 1609. 
- Residence: 1624, James City County, Virginia, USA
- Francis West was appointed Governor of Virginia 14 November 1627. 
- Deputy Governor of Virginia BET 1627 - 1629
- Mission: Capt. John Smith vs Capt. Frances West (Jamestown president-in-waiting) Fort West
- Note: Governor of Virginia, 1627-1629, according to the article, "Lord Delaware: Governor Who Named Hampton."
- He married first, before 6 Feb 1625, Margaret (Unknown), widow of Edward Blayney. They had one son, Francis, and one daughter, Elizabeth. 
- Francis married second, at James City, Virginia, Lady Temperance Flowerdew, widow of George Yeardlay, Knight and Governor of Virginia, on 31 MAR 1628.  She died in December of 1628. Administration on her estate was granted in England on 14 February 1628/9. 
- Francis West married third, Jane Davye, daughter of Henry Davye, Knight. 
- "Francis was a legatee in the 1633 will of his mother, Anne West, Lady de la Warr." 
- "Francis West, Esq., died in Virginia, leaving a will dated 17 December 1629,"  (although family trees exist showing his death about 1634 in Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts).  
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Douglas Richardson: Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 5 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2013), volume V, page 356, Francis West.
- ↑ Ancestry Public Member Trees. Record for Francis West
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ancestry.com. West-4839. Record for Temperance Flowerdew; Record for Francis West
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Ancestry Family Trees 8358841; S26. Ancestral File (R) LDS. 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998). Family History Library Address: 35 N West Temple Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84150.
- Richardson, Douglas. Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families. Edited by Kimball G. Everingham. 2nd ed. Vol. 4. CreateSpace, 2011. Page 325.
- Cokayne, George E. The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct, or Dormant. New ed. Vol. 4. London: St. Catherine Press, 1910. 160.
- Wikipedia: Francis West
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Francis's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Michael Thomas and Richard Draper. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 24 Jan 2015 at 22:33 GMT PM Eyestone wrote:
Read more about the Magna Carta project here: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Project:Magna_Carta
Follow our progress at Base Camp here: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Magna_Carta_Team_Base_Camp
Francis is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 11 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand, 18 degrees from Peter Roberts and 14 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.