- Johannes Jurian Westvael's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Spelling variations: Westfall, Westphal, Westvaal, Van Westphalen
||Johannes Jurian Westvael was a New Netherland settler.|
Join: New Netherland Settlers Project
||This profile is part of the Westfall & all variations One Name Study|
Join: One Name Studies Project
- Johannes Westfall born in 1660 in Foxhall Manor, Ulster County, New York. He died about 1725 in Minisink, Orange County, New York. He was the son of Juriaen and Maritje (Hansen) Westfall. He married Marritje Jacobsen Kool January 28, 1682 in Kingston, New York. She was the daughter of Jacob Barenson and Marritje (Simons) Kool.
- In 1696 Johannes and 18 others including his brothers Symen, Nicholas, and his widowed sister Rymerick Quick bought land from the Minsi Indians along the Delaware River near the New York/New Jersey line. The land lies principally in Deerpark Township, Orange County, New York. The peaceful Minsi Indians were one of the three tribes of the Lenni Lenape people. About 1699 Johannes and his family moved to what was called the Minisink settlement. They were among the first white people to live in the area. Johannes oldest son Jurian and his friend Jacob Kuykendall hunted and trapped with the Minsi Indians as youths, and later traded with them. Jurian married Jacob's sister Styntie Kuykendall and Jacob married Jurian's sister Sara westfall. They raised their families and farmed there in the Minisink Valley along the Delaware River at peace with the Indians for many years. Jurian had the first apple orchard in the area, and Jacob established the first trading post. Three of Jurian's sisters married into the Dutch Kuykendall family. Jurian's parents Johannes and Marretje (Kool) Westfall had 13 children-Jurian George Westfall, Maretje Maria Westfall, Rebecca Westfall, Janneetje Westfall, Sara Westfall, Jacob Westfall, Abel John Westfall, Nicholas Westfall, Klaartjen Westfall, Rymerick Westfall, Helena Westfall, Rachel Westfall, and John W. Westfall.
- Johannes Jurian Westfall
- 1660 Kingston, Ulster, New York, United States
- Jurian George Westfall
- Marietje (Maria\Mary) Westfall
- Rebecca Westfall
- Jannetje (Janet) Westfall
- Sarah Westfall .
- Jacob Westfall
- Abel John Westfall
- Nicholas Westfall
- Klaartjen Westfall
- Rymerick Westfall
- Helena Lena Westfall
- Rachel Westfall
- John H. Westfall
- 1725 Age: 66
- Orange County, New York, USA
- 1683 Jan 28 Johannes Juriaanz Weesphaal, j.m., of Foxhal, in the Esopus, and resid. in Kingston, and Maritie Jacobz Cool, j.d., of Kingston, and resid. there. First publication of Banns, 17 Dec., 1682. 
- 1684 Apr 27 Juriaan, Johannes Westphael, Maritie Cool. Wit.: Jacob Cool, Jacob Stoutenburg, Maritie Simons. 
- 1685 Aug Maretie, Johannes Westvaal, Maretie Cool. Wit.: Claas Westpaal, Elsie Westvaal. 
- 1689 Mar 17 Jannetje, Johannes Westphal, Marietje Kool. Wit.: Mattys Sleckt, Anna Hendrixen. 
- 1691 May 26 Sara, Johannes Westfaal. 
- 1692 Apr 23 Jacob, Johannes Westphalen, Marritje Kooll. Wit.: Thomas Chambers, Laurentia Kellenaar. 
- 1696 Feb 09 Abel, Joaanes Westphale, Marritje Kool. Wit.: Symon Westphale, Nelletje Quackebos. 
- 1700 Oct 31 Claertje, Johannes Westphale, Marritje Cool. Wit.: Goossen va Wagenen, Jannetje va Wagenen. 
- 1705 Sep 22 Lena, Johannes Westphalen, Marrytje Kool. Wit.: Barent van Wageningen, Lea Schepmoes. 
- 1709 Sep 11 Rachel, Johannes Westvaale, Marritje Cool. Wit.: Aria Rosa, Maria Pels. 
Highlighted links don't work Gerard-337 13:45, 19 September 2015 (EDT)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 about Johannes Jurian Westvall Westfall
- ↑ Millenium File for Johannes Jurian Westfall(Westvall)
- ↑ Millenium File for Marrietje Jacobs Kool
- ↑ Coret Genealogie
- ↑ Millenium File for Marrietje Jacobs Kool
- ↑ KRDC Marriage Records
- ↑ KRDC Baptism Records bp. 1691 May 26. Baptism was recorded at the Reformed Dutch Church of Kingston, Ulster, NY. Record: 1691 May 26; Johannes Westfaal; Sara; no sponsors
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 New York Find a Grave Index
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 9.7 9.8 9.9 Roswell Randall Hoes. Baptismal and Marriage Registers of the Old Dutch Church of Kingston, Ulster County, New York: (formerly Named Wiltwyck, and Often Familiarly Called Esopus or 'Sopus), for One Hundred and Fifty Years from Their Commencement in 1660. New York: De Vinne Press, 1891.
- ↑ The Reformed Dutch Church, now known as the Old Dutch Church of Kingston, NY]; Source of: Marriage Records (1660-1809); Baptism Records (1660-1809; Burial Records (1696-1881. The Kingston Reformed Dutch Church was the central repository for all records of marriages and baptism conducted by circuit-rider Domines throughout Ulster and Orange counties of NY; Sussex County, NJ, and parts of Pike County, PA, until local churches were built and staffed. This occurred between 1735 and 1745 depending on the area.
- NJGS. "W: Westfall, Johannes Juriaanz" njgsbc.org. Accessed 17 Jan 2017. http://njgsbc.org/indexes/bergen-county-families/
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Johannes Jurian by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Johannes Jurian:
- Don Edwards : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member dmagy2
- Roy Schoonover : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T281938, FTDNA kit #541052
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: New Netherland Settlers WikiTree and Michelle Hartley. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 31 Dec 2013 at 04:56 GMT Ellen Decker wrote:
Johannes Jurian is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 21 degrees from Ayn Rand, 19 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.