- Linda Wheatley's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
I started researching my family history in 1987 and while I’ve worked on all my ancestral lines, I developed a particular interest in my surname Wheatley. Over the years I realized I was doing what amounted to a one name study because I have researched so many different Wheatley lines in an attempt to find my own Wheatley ancestral line. When genetic genealogy came along, I started a Wheatley DNA Project in 2006.
I have a great passion for genealogy and enjoy connecting with others researching their own Wheatley ancestors
- Linda's formal name
- e-mail address
- images (2)
- private siblings' names
Linda is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- My maternal line with paper genealogy and y-DNA proven to Jacob Holland who died 1799 in Edgecombe County, NC
- My paternal line is Wheatley. Special interest, Wheatleys in Eastern North Carolina
Linda Wheatley's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Linda or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Linda:
- Linda Wheatley: Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T712878, FTDNA kit #211120
- G. H. Wheatley : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T605341
- R. Holland : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T588485
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Shared Photo: One Name Study tree photo May 19, 2016.
- how to remove photo from one name study Jan 2, 2016.
- How to categorize one name study and DNA project Dec 31, 2015.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Linda. (Best for comments to Linda that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Linda that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 5 Nov 2016 at 19:39 GMT Laurie Cruthers wrote:
On 5 Nov 2016 at 17:35 GMT Laurie Cruthers wrote:
On 21 Jul 2016 at 21:21 GMT Carolyn (Atkinson) Martin wrote:
On 17 Jul 2016 at 16:28 GMT Kitty (Cooper) Smith wrote:
Please make sure each bit of DNA test information is added to the actual test participant's profile, not someone else's like your own. To make cousin connections, WikiTree needs to see the FamilyTree tab. Check that your Privacy on your profile is set to "Private with Public Family Tree" as a minimum. (Living minors should have an Unlisted privacy level.)
If you have not already done so, please set your preferences for your Tags Followed to include DNA and other terms of interest to you: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Special:Following
As you add your family lines and connect to the big WikiTree, you may find new cousins. Use the Relationship calculator to see if you are related to me, Cooper-1 with http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Special:Relationship
On 29 Jun 2016 at 09:44 GMT Gillian (Platts) Causier wrote:
On 24 Jun 2016 at 06:48 GMT Sanders Whitley wrote:
On 15 Jun 2016 at 19:31 GMT Doug Lockwood wrote:
On 11 Jun 2016 at 20:54 GMT Jim Vondrak wrote:
to your one name study
On 13 Feb 2016 at 17:19 GMT Charles Dodge wrote:
On 7 Feb 2016 at 20:58 GMT Vic Watt wrote:
When you use a category, please use the narrowest possible category only. So when you use Wheatley Name Study, please don't also add One Name Studies.
Thanks, Vic, Member of the Categorization Project