Tabitha Whitney was born on 16 March 1745 in Biddeford, Maine.
She married John Watson on 5 December 1765 in Gorham, Maine. They had ten children:
1. Mercy, born 15 Oct 1766; died 1769
2. Martha, born 22 Apr 1769; married David Davis
3. Edmund, born 17 Jan 1772; married Betsey Cressey
4. Colman P., born 23 Feb 1774; married Elizabeth Frost
5. Miriam, born 24 Dec 1776; married Stephen Murch
6. Tabitha, born 16 May 1779; married Josiah Shaw
7. Molly, born 9 Apr 1781
8. Sally, born 19 Mar 1784; married David Cobb
9. Greenlief C., born 14 Mar 1786; married Lydia Tompson
10. Desire, born 5 Dec 1788; married Nahum Chadbourn
Tabitha passed away on 13 September 1831 in Gorham and is buried in Eastern Cemetery.
↑ "Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2HK3-5KS : 17 October 2017), John Watson and Tabitha Whitney, Marriage 05 Dec 1765; citing Division of Vital Statistics, State Board of Health, Augusta; FHL microfilm 1,205,254.
↑ McLellan, Hugh Davis. History of Gorham, Maine. Portland, Maine: Smith & Sale, 1903. Page 810.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Tabitha by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Tabitha: