This is a "bot" (robot) account for automated changes authorized by the WikiTree Team.
To stop this bot, add a comment to this profile with the text STOP
Here you can view all EditBot Log Files.
Aleš Trtnik is managing bot operations.
List of bot actions
- Deletion, renaming and merging of categories. For now it runs manually on a daily bases. More about this on Category:EditBOT.
- Template redirects. For now it runs manually on a daily bases after import of templates dump. If one of the redirected template is used, profile is corrected to directly use the correct template. That makes template maintenance easyer.
- Categories corrections. For now it runs manually on a daily bases after import of categories dump. This reduces the creation of new duplicated categories.
- Wanted categories are checked if there exists a category with same name and different case. If it does, all profiles, subcategories and links to it are corrected to use existing category.
- Wanted categories are checked if there exists a category with same name but different separators placing. If it does, all profiles, subcategories and links to it are corrected to use existing category.
- Wanted categories are checked if the category was already renamed by the bot. If it was, all profiles, subcategories and links to it are corrected to use renamed category.
Ongoing one time actions:
- Deletion of empty misnamed categories
- Correction of UTF errors in biography, that prevented display of biography on the profile. (6000 profiles, half corrected, others will be next week)
Finished one time actions:
- Template usage corrections.
- Various minor template renames as part of template maintenance.
- Project Box (One Name Study) -> One Name Study (Corrected 2756 instances 34 left) 18-23 Aug 2017
- Project Box (One Place Study) -> One Place Study (Corrected 2100 instances 2 left) 20-23 Aug 2017
- Project Box (Roll of Honor) -> Roll of Honor (Corrected 1626 instances 219 left) 12-17 Aug 2017
- One Name Studies -> One Name Study (Corrected all 1156 instances and Template deleted) 4-11 Aug 2017
- NSDAR Patriot Ancestor -> 1776 (Corrected all 662 instances and Template deleted) 2nd July 2017
- Organisation of misnamed categories. 18000 categories were deleted and links to them corrected.
- EditBot's formal name
- e-mail address
- family tree
- Suggestion start with bot created FAG citations Dec 6, 2017.
- Does EditBot have OCD? Nov 24, 2017.
- EditBOT correction of UTF errors Oct 19, 2017.
- EditBot WikiTree is a Wonderful WikiTreer Aug 28, 2017.
- Why does EditBot WikiTree have badges? Aug 5, 2017.
- EditBot WikiTree is a Wonderful WikiTreer Jun 22, 2017.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to EditBot. (Best for comments to EditBot that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about EditBot that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 30 Aug 2017 at 16:17 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote:
On 22 Jun 2017 at 16:19 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote:
On 22 Jun 2017 at 16:09 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote: