- Looking for a way to see if there are pending MatchBot-proposed merges for profiles on your Watchlist? Click "My Watchlist" (the second option on the first row) after you click here.
- If you would like to help monitor MatchBot's proposals, check out the How to Join section of the MatchBot Monitors Project page.
- Click this link for a list of MatchBot-proposed merges that have not already been rejected.
- If you want to check to see if MatchBot proposed a merge for a profile on your watchlist, you can click "My Watchlist" after clicking the link above (or here). Or you can see all of your pending merges by using WikiTree's Browse Matches feature. On that page, click "All Pending Merges" (the first option in the second line) & then click "My Watchlist" (the second option in the first line). This will show you all pending merges that involve a profile on your watchlist, who proposed the merge, and whether or not approval of the merge has been recorded.
If a proposed merge is not answered within one month, this account is also used to give default approval so that a Wiki Genealogist other than the Profile Manager can evaluate the match and proceed to reject or complete the merge.
Merges proposed and/or approved by the MatchBot should never be completed without careful evaluation. We never automatically complete merges on WikiTree. It's important for members to make the final decisions.
If you have questions or concerns, please post them for the community to see in G2G.
- MatchBot's formal name
- e-mail address
- images (1)
- family tree
MatchBot is a WikiTree Member following these tags:
- similar work, but Arborists complete merges and much, much more
- MatchBot Monitors Project is a Connectors subproject
- LNAB questions come up when reviewing MatchBot-proposed merges
- project tag for MatchBot MPs
- Although the project's goals/tasks don't include completing merges, G2G discussions about merges are definitely of interest!
- LNAB questions come up when reviewing MatchBot-proposed merges, so it helps to stay up on naming conventions followed by the different projects
- Proposal: suspend default approval of merges involving Public profiles Jun 8, 2018.
- MatchBot proposing merges for people with no common last name Mar 4, 2018.
- Would anyone be willing to help keep an eye on MatchBot? Jun 15, 2016.
- How does MatchBot work? Feb 16, 2014.