- Looking for a way to see if there are pending MatchBot-proposed merges for profiles on your Watchlist? Click "My Watchlist" (the second option on the first row) after you click here.
- If you would like to help monitor MatchBot's proposals, check out the How to Join section of the MatchBot Monitors Project page.
- Click this link for a list of MatchBot-proposed merges that have not already been rejected.
- If you want to check to see if MatchBot proposed a merge for a profile on your watchlist, you can click "My Watchlist" after clicking the link above (or here). Or you can see all of your pending merges by using WikiTree's Browse Matches feature. On that page, click "All Pending Merges" (the first option in the second line) & then click "My Watchlist" (the second option in the first line). This will show you all pending merges that involve a profile on your watchlist, who proposed the merge, and whether or not approval of the merge has been recorded.
If a proposed merge is not answered within one month, this account is also used to give default approval so that a Wiki Genealogist other than the Profile Manager can evaluate the match and proceed to reject or complete the merge.
Merges proposed and/or approved by the MatchBot should never be completed without careful evaluation. We never automatically complete merges on WikiTree. It's important for members to make the final decisions.
If you have questions or concerns, please post them for the community to see in G2G.
- MatchBot's formal name
- e-mail address
- images (1)
- family tree
MatchBot is a WikiTree Member following these tags:
- similar work, but Arborists complete merges and much, much more
- MatchBot Monitors Project is a Connectors subproject
- LNAB questions come up when reviewing MatchBot-proposed merges
- project tag for MatchBot MPs
- Although the project's goals/tasks don't include completing merges, G2G discussions about merges are definitely of interest!
- LNAB questions come up when reviewing MatchBot-proposed merges, so it helps to stay up on naming conventions followed by the different projects
- Proposal: suspend default approval of merges involving Public profiles Jun 8, 2018.
- MatchBot proposing merges for people with no common last name Mar 4, 2018.
- Would anyone be willing to help keep an eye on MatchBot? Jun 15, 2016.
- How does MatchBot work? Feb 16, 2014.
On 11 Mar 2019 at 15:32 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
First, I just updated the project's category page - Category:MatchBot_MPs - with a thank you and a note about your Connectors badge (we were a subproject of the Connectors, so if you didn't already have a Connectors badge, that's the one you received... you'll need to contact that project about keeping it).
Second, we have 12 profiles in the MatchBot MP-postponed merges category that we need to clear out. Please take a look and see if you can do what's needed to either remove the category & propose or reject the merge.
Thanks again. Y'all were wonderful to work with. Hope to work with you in the future in the DBE Arborists team once it's up & running.
On 9 Mar 2019 at 22:25 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
You may have noticed that we haven't been active for a while. And that will not change. MatchBot no longer proposes merges, so the need for us to monitor MatchBot's merges has gone away.
Thank you all for all of your work over the years. If you'd like to continue working on WikiTree merges, please consider joining the Arborists Project.
On 30 Apr 2018 at 06:57 GMT Steve Thomas wrote:
On 4 Apr 2018 at 11:47 GMT Ron Rowland wrote:
On 7 Mar 2018 at 00:25 GMT N Huckeba wrote:
On 15 Nov 2017 at 15:28 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 30 Jul 2017 at 17:40 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 18 Jul 2017 at 20:23 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 16 Jul 2017 at 08:28 GMT Carole (Chittem) Johnson wrote:
Johnson-53414 - Soloman-92 and Johnson-35601 are not Johnson-13161 and share no comparisons at all that I can see. Rejected!
On 12 Jul 2017 at 12:50 GMT Anonymous Needles wrote: