of Roy Wilkins
and [private mother (unknown - unknown)]
[private brother (unknown - unknown)]
Profile last modified 28 May 2020
| Created 24 Feb 2014
This page has been accessed 2,481 times.
I was born in the summer of 1974 in Burton on Trent, Staffordshire and lived in South Derbyshire with my parents and younger brother. I'm not religious, but was baptised and confirmed in the village church.
I went to university at Bangor in North Wales in 1992 to read Electronic Engineering, and was there for 4 years.
After graduation, I moved to Oxfordshire to work as a radio / electronics enginneer. I've since changed jobs (several times!) but still live in the area. I have also studied for degrees in Science and History with the Open University (just for fun!).
Family history is one of my many hobbies which include collecting books, collecting stamps, amateur radio (M3KSH & G8KSH), fishing (sea & course), playing keybord fairly well and drums very badly.
In 2018 I passed my fireman's exams and volunteer on the footplate at a heritage railway centre: https://bucksrailcentre.org/
I also have a love of owls ... they are said to be old and wise - one day I would like to be both.
- ↑ "England and Wales, Birth Registration Index, 1837-2008," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVWG-X2QB : accessed 11 April 2015), Alison Anne Wilkins, 1974; from "England & Wales Births, 1837-2006," database, findmypast (http://www.findmypast.com : 2012); citing Birth Registration, East Staffs, Staffordshire, England, citing General Register Office, Southport, England.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Alison's formal name
- full middle name (A.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (3)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Alison Wilkins's full information you must be on Alison's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Alison is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Staffordshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire mainly.
- Surrey / Sussex area
- Cardiff but may have origins in Cornwall
- Sir Nigel the engineer and family from the South Derbyshire area
- Derbyshire & Staffordshire
- Cardiff descendants from Daniel/Henry MAES
- Tunbridge area of Kent and later in North-West Leicestershire. Daughters have also been found in Yorks/Lancs.
- Derbyshire / Leicestershire area