- Mary (Williams) Graves's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: US Southern Colonist.
|This person settled in the Southern Colonies in North America prior to incorporation into the USA.|
|Join: US Southern Colonies Project. Talk: southern_colonies.|
The Mary Williams (01 Sep 1706 - after April 1771), of Mecklenburg Co., VA or Granville Co., NC, who was the daughter of John Williams and Mary Keeling is "said to be" the second wife of Henry Graves (b. bef. 1694 - d. bef. Feb 1749) of colonial Hanover Co., VA.
Mary's birth date of 1706 comes from a letter from Jno. D. Williams of Laurens District, SC to Dr. Alexander Williams of Greeneville Courthouse, Tennessee, dated 17 June 1845.
The best documented research I have seen on Mary Williams and Henry Graves comes from Evelyn Wallace's WILLIAMS, GRAVES and DANIEL Families, and according to her, Mary Williams and Henry Graves had four sons and three daughters:
- Henry who married Rachel ____ and whose will was proved Aug 1797 in Granville Co.
- William who married Mary ____ and whose will was proved May 1786 in Granville Co.
- John who may be the John Williams Graves who left a 1789 will in Granville Co.
- Elijah who may be the Elijah who left a 1799 will in Mecklenburg Co.
- dau. ____ who married John Christmas
- Elizabeth, b. 1741, who married Joshua Coffee and had a son b. 1772, Gen. John Coffee "of Tennessee" who married Mary Donelson, whose sister Rachel was wife of Andrew Jackson
- dau. ____ who married ____ Barnett (or Barrett)
- ↑ WILLIAMS, GRAVES and DANIEL Families, By Evelyn Wallace
- ↑ Vol. 13 of McClung Papers Collection by Calvin Morgan McClung held by McClung Historical Collection, Knoxville Public Library, Knoxville, TN.
- Mary Williams, by Kay Haden
- Henry White Graves Notes, by John E. Abernathy, Jr.
- Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5: Families G-P, by John Frederick Dorman, Genealogical Publishing Com, 2004, pp. 154-155
- Shawnee Heritage VII, by Don Greene, Lulu.com, Dec 14, 2014, nr. 216.
- Early Descendants of John Williams, Hanover Co., Virginia, Scott K. Williams online, accessed 20 Jan 2008
- Worth, Stickley Ray, Colonial Granville and Its People, Loose Leaves from The Lost Tribes of North Carolina, Austin, TX: Self-published, 1945
- This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. Williams-24444 was created by Thomas Mclehaney through the import of McLehaney 2014-06-27.ged on Jun 27, 2014.
- This person was created through the import of Smith-Hunter.ged on 10 March 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- This person was created through the import of LaBach Family TreeApril28_2011.ged on 05 May 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- WikiTree profile Williams-8136 created through the import of Haden for WikiTree.ged on Oct 10, 2011 by Kay Haden. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Kay and others.
- WikiTree profile Williams-7216 created through the import of O'Bryan Family tree.ged on Sep 6, 2011 by Tim Tropeck. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Tim and others.
- This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. Williams-24445 was created by Thomas Mclehaney through the import of McLehaney 2014-06-27.ged on Jun 27, 2014.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Mary by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Mary:
- Madelon (Murfee) David : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member madelond1
- Judy (Goodman) Wardlow : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A360019, Ancestry member judywardlow
- Charlotte (Sondergeld) Stuckenborg : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A927104, Ancestry member mstuckenborg
- Thomas Mclehaney : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A416211, Ancestry member tmclehaney + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A417948, FTDNA kit #346109
- Tommy Combs : AncestryDNA
- Mary Williams : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A059110, Ancestry member ogameiru
- Howard Holderness : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #297561
- Sandra (Silk) Bono : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #287108
- HD Moore : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T726737, FTDNA kit #94503
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Thomas Mclehaney, Leila Wise, Patton McHenry, Sandra Bono, and Donnita Clem. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 17 Jun 2016 at 22:26 GMT Judy (Goodman) Wardlow wrote:
Judy Goodman Wardlow (Goodman-2062)
On 17 Jun 2016 at 20:49 GMT Fred Prisley wrote:
On 17 Jun 2016 at 00:57 GMT Jeanne (Lunn) Aloia wrote:
Ken Graves' Online Genealogy, CAPTAIN THOMAS GRAVES: 1608 Settler of Jamestown, Virginia, and His Descendants (ca. 1580-2005):" http://www.gravesfa.org/gen169.htm
On 6 Jun 2016 at 10:01 GMT Magnus Sälgö wrote:
- WikiTree Error Report see Database errors project for more info
NEW on every WikiTree profile this report can be run by selecting drop down menu Error Report
- Magnus Sälgö
- Stockholm, Sweden
On 21 Jun 2015 at 22:49 GMT Fred Prisley wrote:
On 21 Jun 2015 at 22:15 GMT Fred Prisley wrote:
On 3 Mar 2015 at 16:31 GMT Bob Nichol wrote:
On 28 Apr 2014 at 23:40 GMT Robert Keniston Jr. wrote:
On 23 Apr 2014 at 20:11 GMT Sherri (Runkles) Posey wrote:
Mary is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from Bob Dylan, 15 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 22 degrees from Michael Phelps and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.