Parents - Samuel Williams b abt 1652 in Wethersfield, Hartford, Ct and Esther Wheeler
Esther Williams-Crane made a will 17 March 1742, proved
17 Sep 1748 in which she named Jacob DeHart as one of the executors.
From GENEALOGY OF THE CRANE FAMILY.
DESCENDANTS OF BENJAMIN CRANE,
JOHN CRANE, OF COVENTRY, CONN.
AND STEPHEN CRANE, OF ELIZABETHTOWN, N. J.
By ELLERY BICKNELL CRANE.
John Crane'- , (Stephen 1 ), married Esther Williams,
daughter of Samuel and Esther (Wheeler) Williams, and lived
in Elizabethtown. N. J. I
Family Data Collection - Births Ancestry.com :
U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, Volume: 262 Ancestry.com :
Ancestry Family Trees, Ancestry Family Tree Ancestry.com :
Quoted text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=82007387&pid=2488
CITING THIS RECORD
"Pedigree Resource File," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:38LD-FJB : accessed 3 March 2018), entry for Esther /Williams/, cites sources; "Latta, Kilburn, Crane, Routier" file (2:2:2:MMDB-JVC), submitted 24 January 2017 by GeorgeLattaSr [identity withheld for privacy].
Page 50: Issue: 82. I.— David, b. 1704; m. Esther Crane; d. at Westfield, Nov. 23, 1773. Will was made Jan. 1, 1772, Esther's will March 2, 1773. CRANE. Stephen Crane, m. Esther Norris, dau. of Henry Norris. Had: John Crane, who m. Esther Williams, dau. of Samuel Williams. Samuel Williams' will was made May 4,1706; John Crane's, Feb. 7, 1722; his wife's Esther, March 17, 1742. Among his children, John Crane had:
Esther, who m. David Dunham, b. 1704; her will was made in 1773. Deborah, m. John High.
83. II. — Andrew, b. 1706.
84. III. — John, b. 1708; his family removed to Pennsylvania; d. 1810.
85. IV. — Elizabeth, b. May 10, 1710.
86. V. — Joanna, b. Sept. 25, 1712.
87. VI. — Jerusha, b. March 3, 1714.
88. VII. — Ephraim, b. Nov. 17, 1724; m. Abigail Morgan, Perth Amboy, N. J., Feb. 18, 1750; removed to Rye, Westchester Co., N. Y., Oct. 17, 1755.
90. VIII. — Nathaniel, b. 1726; removed to Westchester County; m. Elizabeth Wilson, of Perth Amboy, in 1754. He then settled in Pittstown, Rensellaer Co., N.Y., where he d. in 1814. Will of David Donham, of Elizabethtown, Essex County, N. J. Dated April 30, 1771. Proved Sept. 1, 1772. Legatees: Wife, Esther; sons, Joseph, John, David. Executrix: Wife, Esther. Witnesses: John Blanchard, Richard Stites, John D. Hart. Will of John Crane, of Elizabeth Town, Essex County, N. J. Dated Feb. 7, 1722. Proved Feb. 16, 1722-3. Legatees: Eldest son, John Crane; second son, Joseph Crane; third son, Matthias Crane; youngest son, Samuel Crane; wife, Esther; six daughters: Hannah, Abigail, Esther, Sarah, Rebeccah and Deborah Crane. Executors: Wife Esther, friend Jonathan Dickinson and brother Jeremiah Crane. Witnesses: Jeremiah Crane, Daniel Crane, Thomas Donington.
Is Esther your ancestor? Please don't go away! Login to collaborate or comment, or
a profile manager, or ask our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Esther by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share some percentage of DNA with Esther: