- Abraham Womack Sr's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
||Abraham Womack Sr settled in the Southern Colonies in North America prior to incorporation into the USA.|
Join: US Southern Colonies Project
Abraham Womack, Sr., 1645-1733
Abraham married Sarah Worsham about 1662 in Henrico County.
Abraham was not literate and all documents are signed with his mark (AW).
- William Womack, 1643 - 1674
- Jane Womack, 1648 - ?
- Richard Womack, Sr., 1655 - 1683
- Anne Womack, 1657 - 1694
- Thomas Womack, 1647 - 1696
- John Womack, 1653 - 1724
- Mary Womack, 1657 - ?
- 1 January 1679/80 - Witness to sale of plantation in Bristol Parish, Henrico County, from "Thomas Wells and Grace his wife" to Richard Holmes; recorded 2 February 1679/80. Signed Abrah. (AW) Womack/
- 2 June 1679, 10 November 1679 - Ages as given by deposition in county records, 1677-1692 Will & Deed Book: Mary (Puckett) Womecke (sister of John Puckett), 22; Thomas Puckett, 21; Edward Stratton, 24; William Puckett, 22 (brother of John Puckett); Abraham Womacke, 35; Richard Womecke, 24.
- 30 April 1687 - Witness to agreement of support between Mary Platt and her son Edward Tanner, of County & Parish of Henrico; recorded 1 June 1687. Signed: Abraham (AW) Womack.
- 2 August 1687, 1 October 1687 - Ages as given by deposition in county records, 1677-1692 Will & Deed Book: Abraham Womecke, 42
- 12 Xbr (December) 1688 - Upon peticon, These may certify that there is due unto Abraham Womeck 250 acres of land for importation of five persons into the colony, vizt: Sarah Somercales, Clemewe Proveer, John Stewart, William Migellon, James Ruttlidge.
- 30 May 1690 - Agreement between William Clark and Abraham Womeck about bounds of their lands, surveyed by Mr. Mings. Mentions lands of Gilbert Elam and Thomas Shippy. Wit: Wm Randolph, Litt'ry Epes. Signed: Abra. (AW) Womack.
- 1 February 1690 - Named in sale of land from Edward Stratton of Henrico Co., to Arthur Moseley. Land on south side of James River south of the James River Road, "next to Abraham Womeck, Gilbert Elam, and Halfway Swamp...."
- 1 August 1691 - Ages as given by deposition in county records, 1688-1697 Will & Deed Book: Abraham Womeck, 49
- 1 October 1692 - Abra. Womeck to this Court complaining that the Orphans of his brother Richard Womeck under ye tuition of John Granger do very much suffer for want of Necessary Education & apparell. It is ordered that ye sd. John Granger be summoned to ye next Court to answer to what shall be ofjected agst. him concerning the same.
- About October 1693 - Abraham Womack & John Woodson, Jr. appointed by the Court of Heno. to lay out Sarah Woodson Sr.'s portion of land given by her son Jeremiah Browne.
- 15 August 1699 - "Mr. John Worsham and Mr. Abraham Womack, Sr of Henrico Co., to Edward Stratton, son of Edward Stratton, lately dec'd. of same, for £10, all our right in 1/3 part of 879 acres on north side Swift Creek, called "Coldwater Run" taken up by said Worsham, Womack and Edward Stratton, dec'd. on 20 Oct. 1691. Stratton died in Sept. 1698. Edward Stratton, son of Edward, dec'd. is to have 293 acres. Wit: Richard Ligon, Jos. Royall, Jr., Francis Patram, Charles Roberts. Signed: John Worhsam, Abraham (AW) Womack 21 Aug. 1699"
- 1 April 1708 - Edward Stratton sold for £11 5s the 1/3 interest, 293 acres called Coldwater Run, which was transferred to him on 15 August 1699 back to Abraham Womack and John Worsham. Ann, wife of Stratton, relinquished her dower rights.
- 1 May 1708 - Abraham Womack member of the Grand Jury sworn May 1, 1708. Abraham Womack, Foreman.
- 7 August 1721 - Abraham Womack, Senr. acknowledges a deed dated 7 Augt. 1721. to Abraham Womack, Jr. Augt. 1721.
- 1st Monday in February 1732 - Abraham Womack witness to sale of land from William Moseley of Henrico Co., to Anthony Wilkinson.
Death & Legacy
The will of Abraham Womack was written in Henrico County, Virginia in November 1732 and proved at a [court] at Varina for Henrico Co. the first Monday in October 1733. The copy is not in very good condition and many words and phrases are missing.
- All Abraham's household goods and a debt owed to him are given to a son whose name cannot be read.
- Two Negro Men Frank and York, are left to a son whose name cannot be read
- To Grandson William Womeck son of Abraham Womeck my horse
- To son Abraham Womeck two brown cows and a brown steer
- To my ..tha [Martha?] Hambleton one shilling sterling and no more
- to son Thomas Womaeck my N... Matt, also to my son the forty shillings which I expected to be sent for in goods at ... Also to said son Thomas my Bed and all the Furniture, one Brass Kittle, one Trunk, two Ea... Muggs, all my wareing apparril both linning and wooling
- To my son Abraham Womeck all my money which he ha.. also give to my said son all my household goods not mentioned.
- Son Abraham appointed sole Executer.
- Signed: ... November 1732. Abraham (AW) Womack
- Supplemental profile data such as birth, death, and other details were collected by Varnell-40 07:37, 19 November 2015 (EST) from the Rootsweb website of Brenda Keck Reed. It may not be 100% accurate, but it is as close to accurate as we can attain given the information and sources available to us.
- This particular profile is an on-going project to document the genealogy of one Womack line. If you have a problem with a particular entry, please contact the submitter of said entry. This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress, always in need of direct and primary sources. Please contribute sources with your information.
- ↑ Birth year based on ages given by Abraham in depositions in county records (see Timeline): age 35 in 1679 (b 1644); age 42 in 1687 (b 1645); age 49 in 1691 (b 1642)
- ↑ Genealogies of Virginia Families: From the William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine. Vol. V. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing CO., Inc., 1982. p 749, fn 1
- ↑ Weisiger, Benjamin B. III, Comp.; Henrico County, Virginia Deeds 1677-1705; Richmond, Virginia, 1986, p 5
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 147, 148
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 42
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 151
- ↑ Valentine, Vol. 3, p 1776
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 59
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 61
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 153
- ↑ Valentine, Edward Pleasants; The Edward Pleasants Valentine Papers, Vol. 3. Published by the Valentine Museum, Richmond, Virginia. Reprint Baltimore, Genealogical Publishing Co., 1979, p 1772
- ↑ Valentine, Vol. 3, p 1970-1971
- ↑ Weisiger 1986, p 108
- ↑ Weisiger, Benjamin B. III, Comp; Henrico County, Virginia Deeds 1706-1737. Richmond Virginia, 1985; p 10
- ↑ Valentine, Vol. 3, p 1796
- ↑ Weisiger 1985, p 171
- ↑ Weisiger 1985, p 127
- ↑ Valentine, Vol. 3, p 1799
- ↑ http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=AHN&db=bhreed&id=I58026
- Ancestral File Number: 8KJD-5L Reference #: HWS103158
- Abraham's profile data collected from the website of Brian Larson by Varnell-40 07:57, 10 April 2015 (EDT).
- Abraham's additional profile data collected by Varnell-40 18:57, 10 April 2015 (EDT).
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Abraham by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Ralph Crumpton : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R-L48, Ysearch T3Z8N, FTDNA kit #275505
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Shirley Dalton, Paul Lee, Randolph Howard, Jason W. Crews, and Mark McKinney. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 10 Apr 2015 at 12:04 GMT Charlie Varnell Jr wrote:
On 11 Mar 2015 at 17:23 GMT Gene Adkins JR wrote:
On 8 Mar 2015 at 07:58 GMT Shirley (Strutton) Dalton wrote:
On 8 Mar 2015 at 07:57 GMT Shirley (Strutton) Dalton wrote:
On 8 Mar 2015 at 07:43 GMT Shirley (Strutton) Dalton wrote:
Abraham is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 14 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 24 degrees from Ayn Rand, 15 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.