Profile last modified 9 Feb 2020
| Created 9 Aug 2018
This page has been accessed 706 times.
The biography for Christopher Wright is empty. What can you add?
--You'd be sorry you asked. I'll never stop talking
The following are useful general references used throughout these profiles--
- Recollection of things I (positively!) know or got from reliable sources 
- Extensive notes of Sidney Wright's sister Elizabeth Wright Gardner, most of which are confirmed by other sources 
- Lower Norfolk County Virginia Antiquary -- Miscellaneous statistical and historical Information on Princess Anne County going back to the first settlements. (Princess Anne County was once known as Lower Norfolk County and was merged into the city of Chesapeake in 1963) 
- Princess Anne County Marriage Index  
- Wright Family (Dennis F and Johnnie Wright) Bible 
- Find-a-Grave. Absolutely invaluable site for verifying birth and death dates and frequently obits, spouses and other info.
- Princess Anne County Genealogy Web Site 
- Personal recollections Evans family emigration and early life in Pennsylvania by John Absalom Evans 
- Labor organizing in Pennsylvania hard coal regions--Many references to John Evans
- Sources noted for Dr Christopher Wright of Princess Anne County, including Christopher's and his son John's wills reproduced in the Lower Norfolk County Antiquary. Namesake Christopher was a possible but not proven ancestor.
"Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org
- ↑ First-hand information. Entered by Christopher Wright .
- ↑ Notes of family researches by Elizabeth Wright Gardner.
- ↑ James, Edward W. (ed). Lower Norfolk County Virginia Antiquary n1 part 1
- ↑ James, Edward W. (ed). Lower Norfolk County Virginia Antiquary. n1 part 2
- ↑ James, Edward W. (ed). Lower Norfolk County Virginia Antiquary. n3 part 1
- ↑ Wingo, Elizabeth, MARRIAGES of PRINCESS ANNE COUNTY (now Virginia Beach) VIRGINIA 1799-1821 Volume II.
- ↑ Princess Anne County, Virginia Bible records Lukei, Melinda Jones
- ↑ https://www.findagrave.com
- ↑ https://virginiapioneers.net/counties/countyprincessanne.html
- ↑ Evans, John A., 'The Advantages United States Has Given To The Family of an Immigrant Welsh Miner,' Personal Account. (In possession of family)
- ↑ Edward Pinkowski, John Siney, the Miners' Martyr.
The three entries for the Lower Norfolk County Antiquary duplicate each other in part. They, Wingo's marriage index can be downloaded as PDF files from Google Books. Lukei's bible records can be downloaded at the URL shown.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Christopher's formal name
- full middle name (P.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
For access to Christopher Wright's full information you must be on Christopher's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Christopher is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Maternal grandfather's county of origin--Praze an Beeble/Crowan parish
- Maternal Grandmother's Family. Saundersfoot/St. Issells parish, Rhymney, Glamorganshire; Pennsylvania
- Paternal grandmother's family. Uncommon name for some reason
- Maternal grandfather's family. (Not 'Pierce.' Positively.) Emigrated UK in the 1880s
- Maternal grandmothers family from the Saundersfoot/Tenby area. Emigrated Wales in 1862
- Father's family farmed in Princess Anne county since colonial times
- Father's family have been Virginians since colonial times
- Origins in colonial Princess Anne/Lower Norfolk County Virginia; connections to northern North Carolina
Christopher Wright's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Christopher or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Christopher Wright:
Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R1a1, FTDNA kit #208798
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.