- Peter (Wyckhurst) de Wyckhurst's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
de Wyckhurst is an older form of the name Atte Wode.
Peter de Wyckhurst was born somewhere around 1160. The name of his wife is not known.
Peter was granted a 36 acre tract of land in 1203, known as “Hooley House”, from Bertan Marten, the Abbey of Chertsey in Coulsdon Parish, England. This land is later found in Atwood wills. Over the next hundred years, the family added to its land holdings in Surrey.
Peter was born in 1180. Peter Wyckhurst died after 1208.
"Peter de Wyckhurst purchased estate in Coulsdon, Surrey, England in 1208. This estate was still in the family circa 1600."
- Place: Hooley House,Coulsdon,Surrey,England
- Ye Atte Wode Annals: Giving English History, Descendants of Harman, Henry, John, Philip, Stephen, Thomas of Ipswich and Thomas of Wethersfield, Sketch of John and James Astwood, of Henry Wood of Leyden and the Story of Joshua 4 Bradford and the Indians, Etc.Elijah Francis Atwood (Atwood Publishing Company, 1928). NOTE: Should not be considered a primary source. FamilySearch Library Ye Atte Wode annals, June 1928
- Ancestry Family Trees
- Ancestry Family Trees
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Peter's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Rick Brown, European Aristocrats Project WikiTree, and Crayton Smith. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 18 Nov 2014 at 04:41 GMT Darlene (Athey) Athey-Hill wrote:
Darlene, Co-Leader, European Aristocrats Project
On 17 Nov 2014 at 22:15 GMT Jeff Billard wrote:
On 12 Nov 2014 at 17:14 GMT Jeff Billard wrote:
On 11 Nov 2014 at 22:24 GMT Robin Lee wrote:
Peter is 23 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 30 degrees from Ayn Rand, 27 degrees from Peter Roberts and 25 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.