Frances was born on November 15, 1718, a daughter of Rev. Bartholomew Yates and Sarah Staninord or Sarah Mickleburrough, the widow of Tobias Mickleborough.. She is assumed to have been born at Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia.
Marriage Place: Williamsburg, Virginia
Married John Robinson about 1745. From Wm and Mary Quarterly (see sources): "ISSUE by second wife Frances Yates, daughter of Rev. Bartholmew Yates, and widow of Rev. John Reade of Middlesex and King William Counties:
4. Mary4 unmarried (chart). Her will, dated March 10, 1803, was proved July 4, 1803, she freed all her slaves, the males at 21 and the females at 18 years. Names niece Frances Yates Robinson, daughter of her brother John Robinson; nephew Matthew Whiting, and the other children of my late sister Whiting. Major James Ross and nephew Matthew Whiting executors.
5. William4 Robinson, probably the "son of John Robinson and Frances his wife, born April 11, 1749" (Register). He married (Family Bible) Elizabeth Lilly, (daughter of Thomas Lilly, captain in the Virginia State Navy during the War of the Revolution, and Lucy Burwell, his wife (who was a daughter of Carter Burwell and Lucy Ludwell Grymes, born October 23, 1750) on May 15, 1806, and another daughter, Lucy Burwell Lilly, married (1) Thomas E. Churchill, of Middlesex, (2) John Darby (see Churchill Family in QUARTERLY VIII., 50). In his will dated in Middlesex County, November, 1807, William Robinson names his wife Elizabeth, daughter Lucy Lilly (born January 1, 1807), mentions wife with child, and makes Carter B. Berkeley and wife executors; witnesses: Lucy B. Churchill, Needler robinson, Henry Heffernan, Will Wake, Tom Stiff. His inventory shows that he had a posthumous child Judith Willantina F. Robinson, and the Bible shows that she was born March 9, 1808. She married John R. Taylor; her sister Lucy Lilly Robinson married Benjamin Temple (Meade, Old Churches, &c., I., 382; QUARTERLY XIII., 140); and had twelve children (1) Elizabeth Lilly, (2) Virginia Nelson, (3) Molly Brooke, (4) Robert Henry, (5) Charles Wellford, (6) Benjamin Brooke, (7) Judith Willantina, married Dr. J.P. Harrison, (8) John Taylor, (9) William Skyren, (10) Bernard Moore, (11) Ludwell, (12) Lucy Lilly, (the last now living in Richmond, unmarried). Elizabeth Lilly Robinson, married 2dly, Mr. Chowning of "Locust Grove".
6. Robert4, "son of John and Frances Robinson, was born August 29, 1750" (Register and chart). He was student at William and Mary in 1780, and went away with his cousin Christopher to join the British army in New York, where he had another cousin Col. Beverley Robinson (Sabine's Loyalists). He had (1) Judith mentioned in the will of her aunt Judith, (2) John Robinson of Nova Scotia, born in 1786, and father of Mr. T. M. Robinson, now living in St. John, New Brunswick. (3)Other children. (See Sabine's Loyalists).
7. John4 Robinson (chart) married Deborah Dunlop, (daughter of Rev. William Dunlop and Deborah his wife) on April 17, 1784. He died at "Green Branch", Middlesex County (a place devised to him by his father). His will, dated September 15, 1818, and recorded in Middlesex County, names son William D. Robinson, daughter Deborah E.C. Robinson, sons Benjamin F. Robinson and Christopher Robinson, wife's father William Dunlop. His daughter, Frances Yates Robinson, named in Mary Robinson's will, was probably dead at this time.
8. Catherine4 (chart) married Thomas Wyatt July 2, 1785, had one child.
Additional informatin on this Robinson Family can be found in the following document: William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, Vol. 18, No. 3, 1910:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.