This man is not the same man as Yates-2983 They may well have been related, but they are not the same man.
Pittsylvania County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 19 June 1804, Joseph Yeatts and Salley Linthicum
- Marriage between Joseph Yeatts and Salley Linthicum, daughter of Thomas Linthicum
- bond dated 19 June 1804
- Bondsmen: John Yates and Thos Linthicum (both signed)
digital images, Family Search (www.familysearch.org : accessed 01 July 2019).
Pittsylvania County, Virginia, Deed Book 15:498, Joseph M. and Sally Yates to Joshua Hardy, 15 February 1808; digital images, Family Search (www.familysearch.org : accessed 10 July 2019).
- Joseph M. Yates and Sally his wife to Joshua Hardy
- £70 for 100 acres on Mill Creek adj Griffith, [popsimon?] branch, dividing line between John Midkiff and John Parsons, Mill Creek, corner on Stephen Yates’ line, former Coldwell’s lines.
- Joseph M. Yates and Sally Yates signed.
- Wit: John Williams, George Hightower
- Ack: 15 Feb 1808. Sally released dower.
1830 US Census, Pittsylvania County, Virginia, p 395 (penned), line 23 for Joseph M. Yates; FHL microfilm #0029680, roll 201.
- Joseph M. Yates (indexed as Yeates): 1m < 5, 2m 15-19, 1m 40-49, 1f 5-9, 2f 10-14, 1f 40-49; 2 slaves
Is Joseph your ancestor? Please don't go away! Login to collaborate or comment, or contact
the profile manager, or ask our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Joseph by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Joseph: