Jacob Young was likely born in Augusta County, Virginia. He owned land in Augusta County. He married Maria Coiner and had a family. He died at an early age. Maria Coiner Young moved to Sangamon County, Illinois, then to Sullivan County, Missouri.
1. Preliminary Research on Jacob Young of Augusta County, Virginia, and his wife, Maria, by Mrs. William Bushman, Genealogist.
2. Young Family Records by Robert E. Graham.
3. A Historical Sketch of Michael Keinadt and Margaret Diller, his wife. Published 1893. Page 28, Maria Koiner married Jacob Young. Daughter Cynthia not listed.
4. January 14, 1828. Intention to marry, Jacob Young and Maria Coiner.
5. 1850 Census, Augusta County, Virginia. District 2 1/2, 1007/1017. Maria Young, age 41; George H., age 19; John, age 18; Augustus, age 15; Hester, age 14; Cynthia A., age 12. [Daughter Virginia is listed with her husband Fountain May in Augusta County, 1850]
6. Augusta Historical Bulletin, Vol 15, Fall, 1979, #2, Obituaries from Staunton Spectator, compiled by Anne C. Kidd. Died of Thursday last, Mr. Jacob Young, a respectable citizen of this county, aged about 40 years. [20 August 1846]
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.