- Blesinde (Allemanie) d'Alemanie's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Gregory of Tours, doesn't say much about the specifics of Chlodio's family. But he did mention that, "certain authorities assert that king Merovech, whose son was Childeric, was of the family of Chlogio."
It's, the Chronicle of Fredegar (c. 660s), that came up with the tall tale about Chlodio's alleged wife, getting impregnated by a creature from the sea, and birthing Merovech. This was apparently done to create a fabricated Christian (divine) link, and deny the paganism ... which Gregory of Tours had already pointed out. 
Aside from this... there doesn't seem to be much evidence for a known spouse or children.
- Gregory of Tours:
- "Beyond the Loire the Goths were in control; the Burgundians also, who belonged to the sect of the Arians, dwelt across the Rhone in the district which is adjacent to the city of Lyons. And Chlogio sent spies to the city of Cambrai, and they went everywhere, and he himself followed and overcame the Romans and seized the city, in which he dwelt for a short time, and he seized the land as far as the river Somme. Certain authorities assert that king Merovech, whose son was Childeric, was of the family of Chlogio."
Reimitz, H. (2015). History, Frankish Identity and the Framing of Western Ethnicity, 550-850, (pp.169). Cambridge University Press. eBook.
- Ancestry Family Trees -- GEDCOM (mostly citing unsourced tree from GENEALOGYONLINE.COM): Blesinde d'ALâEMANIE was born between 0340/0350, and she died in about 403, at the age of 53/63. Her title was Princesse d'Alemanie, her father was Chlodomar d'ALâEMANIE(320-358). Married to Chlodio Ier de COLOGNE (345-398), her children was Marcomir de COLOGNE(370-424) and Blesinde de COLOGNE(375-418); Blesinde/Blesinde of the Alemannians. Blesinde of the Suevi; Father: Chlodomar 'd Alemanie; Birth: 340/50 Allemagne-en-Provence, France or Old, Sachsen; Husband: Chlodomar de Cologne; Chlodio IV, King of the Franks at Cologne (Fictitious Person) Clodio I de (des Francs) Köln IV Marriage: 346 Old Sachsen; [Fabricated] Child: Marcomir (note >> Marcomer was a Frankish battle field commander living 388AD, who fought alongside commanders Sunno and Genobaud ...not much is known about them in general); Death: 403 Allemagne-en-Provence, France
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Blesinde's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bob Fields, David Rentschler, LaVern Payne, Jeff Johnson, and Ryan James VandenBerg. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 30, 2015 at 03:08GMT Betty Warner wrote:
On October 18, 2014 at 00:46GMT Sally Stovall wrote:
Blesinde is 46 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 48 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 59 degrees from Gene Kelly, 48 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 45 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.