Elizabeth was first married to Abraham Rhodes as his third wife. She is mentioned in his will however, Saint Mary's records show, she later rejected the will and chose her dower's share.
On the 12th day of September 1797, came Elizabeth Rhodes, the widow of Abraham Rhodes, late of St. Mary's County, deceased, and quited her claim to the several bequests and devises made in the will of her said husband deceased and elected in lieu thereof, her dower or her part of the said deceases estate both real and personal.
After his death in 1797, she married Joseph Greenwell, the son son of George Greenwell, on March 23, 1799, in St. Mary's County, Maryland.
- ↑ FamilySearch, "Maryland, Marriages, 1666-1970," index, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org), Joseph Greenwell and Elizabeth Rhodes, 23 Mar 1799; citing reference, FHL microfilm 989061.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's ancestors' mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.