This person was created through the import of Wicke.GED on 30 March 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
"George Cox of the Parish of Swinefleet in the Diocese of York, Bachelor and Elizabeth Laverack of this Parish, Spinster were married at this church by license" dated 7 Dec 1833. They each made their marks (X).
- Place : Saint Mary, Kingston Upon Hull, Yorkshire, England.
- Place: Washington United Church Cemetery, near Washington, Blenheim township, Oxford county, Ontario, Canada
- Place: Lot 20, Con 14, Blenheim Township, Oxford County, Canada.
- Date: 1835
- Place: To Canada
- Note: #NI01115
- Note NI01115George Coxson was the personal coachman for the Laverick's of Laverick Hall Farm. Lady Elizabeth Laverick was engaged to marry a sea captain. George and Elizabeth fell in love and married against her family's wishes. Around 1835, they left England and emigrated to Canada. They came to settle at Lot 20, Con 14 in Blenheim Twp, Oxford County, Canada.
- Found in the Wesleyan Methodist Baptismal Register Vol. 1, pages 177 and 179 for the district/county of Brock/London in the area of Blenheim Township were the following baptisms of the children of George and Elizabeth:
- Heedy (Edith) born: 16 Oct 1836
- William born: 08 Sep 1838
- Catherine born: 16 Sep 1840
- George born: 21 Aug 1842
- Aaron born: 21 Dec 1844
- all baptized on 01 Feb 1845 by Rev. Peter Ker at Dumfries
- Robert Henry born: 10 Mar 1844
- John (the first) born: 10 Jan 1847
- both baptized on 16 Jul 1849 by Rev. M. Witing at Dumfries
- (This son, John died before his third birthday.)
- John (second) born: 24 Feb 1851
- baptized on 18 May 1851 by Rev. H. Biggar at Dumfries
- Found in the 1852 Census of Canada West/Oxford/Blenheim:
- Coxon, Geo Farmer England Wesleyan Methodist 55 M
- Coxon, Elizth None England Wesleyan Methodist 39 F
- Coxon, Mary Ann None Canada West Wesleyan Methodist 17 F
- Coxon, Eady None Canada West Wesleyan Methodist 15 F
- Coxon, Wm None Canada West Wesleyan Methodist 13 M
- Coxon, Cathe None Canada West Wesleyan Methodist 11 F
- Coxon, Geo None Canada West Wesleyan Methodist 9 M
- Coxon, Aaron None Canada West Wesleyan Methodist 7 M
- Coxon, Robt None Canada West Wesleyan Methodist 2 M
- Coxon, John None Canada West Wesleyan Methodist 1 M
- A son, Andrew was born in 1854 and a daughter, Minnie Ann was born in 1856.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of George's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.