- William Huddleston's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Pioneer Stock.GED on 31 October 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Date: APR 1910
- Place: Dido Cemetery, Tarrant Co., TX.
- Note: @NI06900@
- @NI06900@ NOTE1850 census, Northern Div., DeSoto Co., MISS.
- 1860 census, Franklin, Izard Co., ARK.
- 1870 census, West Fork Twp., West Fork P.O., Washington Co., ARK.
- First Arkansas Regiment 30-Day Volunteers, CSA
- Company G
- The information on these pages was edited and graciously given tothe Edward G. Gerdes Arkansas Civil War page by Bryan R. Howerton, who wethank so much. He can be reached and thanked at this email address! "Bryan Howerton"
- This company was organized at Evening Shade, Lawrence (now Sharp)county, Arkansas, by Captain Daniel Yeager. The company enlisted for 30days on November 15, 1861, and was discharged on December 15, 1861, atCamp Borland, near Pocahontas, Arkansas. Most of these men werelandowners in what is now Sharp county, and many of them subsequentlyenlisted in Co. F, 38th Arkansas Infantry Regiment.
- Endorsement on Company G muster roll��Muster Roll of Capt. DanielYeager�s Co. of Vol. Inf., raised in response to Col. Borland�s call ofNov. 5; mustered into the Confederate service Nov. 15 for 30 days, anddischarged Dec. 15, 1861; entitled to pay from date of muster to the timeset opposite their respective names and to transportation and subsistencefrom Pocahontas to Evening Shade, Ark., 50 miles.�
- Huddleston, William J Private.
- TO THE HONORABLE HENRY L.DAVIS AND OTHER COMPOSING THE
- COMMISSION TO THE FIVE CIVILIZED TRIBES.
- Your petitioner W.J.Huddleston would state and show from
- the proof submitted to the commission that he is a Cherokee
- by descent and by blood having been born in Hardin Co.State
- of Tennessee on the 25th day of Dec 1825. My fathers name was
- Fleming Huddleston. My mothers name was Susie Huddleston my
- father was a son of Benjamin Huddleston. That I now reside in
- Wise County Texas and have resided there 13 years. And he
- avers these facts can be established by proof to the satisfaction
- of the commission under such rules and regulations as it may
- prescribe. And he further avers that these facts being proved
- he is entitled to be ajudged under the laws of such Nation and
- the laws of Congress of the United States and the treaties of
- such Nation with the United States, a citizen of such Nation.
- With all the rights, privileges,and protection of Citizenships
- in such Nation. Wherefore he herewith respectfully submit to the
- consideration of the Honorable Commission such proof and on the
- hearing he be adjudged entitled to such citizenship and his name
- be placed upon the proper roll as a citizen of such Nation.
- Sigature W.J.Huddleston.
- State of Texas,County of Wise.
- Now on the 31st day of Augst.1896 personally appeared before me
- a J.P., for Precinct No.5 and a Notary Public for said county
- and state W.J.Huddleston who being duly sworn upon his oath
- states that the facts set forth in the foregoing petition are
- correct and true. Subscribed and sworn to before me this 31st
- day of Aug.1896.
- Signed. J.S.Procter,J.P.Precinct No.5,and Notary Public for
- Wise County Texas.SEAL.
- Case NO. 3677.REJECTED.
- DAWES ROLL 1896.NATIONAL ARCHIVES,FORT WORTH,TEX.
Glenn Gohr, Ledbetter Family Ancestry
- ↑ Entered by Scott Ledbetter.
Thanks to Scott Ledbetter for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Scott and others.
Searching for someone else?
- William M.C. Huddleston
- William James Huddleston
- William Newton Huddleston
- William Huddleston
- William Huddleston
- William N Huddleston
- William Huddleston
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA Connections
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.