The voyage of the Immigrant ship Adamant to the South Australian Colony in 1863
The barque Adamant, 815 tons, Captain Benjamin Lodwick, from Plymouth 4th July, 1863 arrived at Port Adelaide, South Australia 25th September 1863.
The 3rd ship from England to South Australia with Government passengers for 1863. Surgeon-superintendent Dr. William Henry Pearce M.D. recorded 5 births and 4 deaths on the passage.
PASSENGER LISTS etc.
- 3/1863 - Adamant from Passenger lists 1845 - 1940 on the State Records of South Australia at: https://www.archives.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/documentstore/passengerlists/1863/GRG35_48_1_63-3_Adamant.pdf
- barque Adamant, 815 tons, Captain Benjamin Lodwick, from Plymouth 4th July, 1863 arrived at Port Adelaide, South Australia 25th September 1863 Transcribed and submitted to The Ships List by Robert Janmaat at: http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/adamant1863.shtml
- The South Australian Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1858 - 1889) of Monday 28 September 1863, Page 2 & 3. first accessed online on the 16th of November, 2019 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/31828473? & https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/31828465/2427767
- South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Monday 28 September 1863, Page 3. first accessed online on the 16th of November, 2019 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/50180204?
- 04/07/1863 - 25/09/1863 from the Passengers in History website, An initiative of the South Australian Maritime Museum. first accessed online on the 13th of April, 2020 at: http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/942624
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)